Possible Malware? Browsers acting strange (mostly Chrome)

Blackmorebard

Thread author
Oct 15, 2015
Hello, I was hoping You could help me, because I might have stumbled upon some malicious software. It started about two days ago. The starting pages on Chrome, Firefox and IE are all set to google.at, google.com redirected straight to google.at (im not from Austria, my default was Google.pl) and changing the settings was half-successful, upon restarting it still showed as Google.at sometimes, and in the lower right corner it suggested Google.at as the original Google page. Initially, the address bar after redirecting from google.com looked like this "www.google.at/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=8NkeVusB6uPBA8C3udgM&gws_rd=ssl". Also it keeps asking about confirming google privacy policy, which wouldn't strike me as that suspicious if it weren't for the unusual browser behaviour (but now I don't want to confirm anything unless I'm perfectly sure it's fine). After taking some steps to remove the infection Chrome still takes me to google.at on startup (IE doesn't do it anymore), although It's possible to switch to google.com properly now. It's still unusual, because there's no reason to affiliate me with google.at. I'd like to ask If You could check out my FRST logs, and tell me if there's any danger.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Addition.txt
    65.5 KB · Views: 1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.