Possible to Copy Games from Orignal to USB/BD with Updates?

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I have the old pc games Call of Duty 1 and 2 on cd or dvd. I want to update them and then put all the contents on a blue-ray or USB.

Is this possible.

How, please tell me the steps to take.

Thanks.

Reactions: McLovin

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hey glad to see another user whom still has cod 1 and 2! I still have the original disk so what I have done is made a copy of my disk and my original key and have stored it in a safe place so I don't loose it. But updating is that the game or just to move it to USB or?

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Hey glad to see another user whom still has cod 1 and 2! I still have the original disk so what I have done is made a copy of my disk and my original key and have stored it in a safe place so I don't loose it. But updating is that the game or just to move it to USB or?

I would like to take the orig CD's and pull all the content off the CD's to my PC to a folder on my desktop named COD Orig...

Then I would like to download the updates to the game, that were released about 6 months after the game came out, include the updates into the folder on the desktop, and create a new bootable DVD or blue-ray or USB.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I would like to take the orig CD's and pull all the content off the CD's to my PC to a folder on my desktop named COD Orig...

Then I would like to download the updates to the game, that were released about 6 months after the game came out, include the updates into the folder on the desktop, and create a new bootable DVD or blue-ray or USB.
I have the originals CD's into ISO images as I didn't want to loose mine.

With the ISO images that I have you can just burn it on to CD/DVD if you'd like but updates won't be in those ISO images. COD 1 is the ISO images and it's 1.1 so that being said 1.5 is the latest and most updated patch for the game and will have to download that and install it once you have it installed on the computer.

Reactions: frogboy
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I have the originals CD's into ISO images as I didn't want to loose mine.

With the ISO images that I have you can just burn it on to CD/DVD if you'd like but updates won't be in those ISO images. COD 1 is the ISO images and it's 1.1 so that being said 1.5 is the latest and most updated patch for the game and will have to download that and install it once you have it installed on the computer.

how did you make the iso's?

When I try to make them the copy protection combined with windows 10 stops the process?

Thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.