Solved Possibly Malicous File Drop Uknown if Infected

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hello! I was recently downloading a file for the friend of mine on a site called ZippyShare. After hitting the download button. (Pretty sure I knew I hit the legit one) My browser opened up another outside page. After closing it I minded my own business and went back to what I was doing. When I looked it my download history I saw this strange JavaScript file. I scanned it with both VT and Zemana but it was clean. There were a few extra copies of the file in my appdata folder. Not stupid enough to activate it, but wanted to be on the safe side and know if I got infected.

NOTE: Minor detail.. I don't know if the FRST program is able to detect programs outside of the regular HD. I am using a "My Passport" drive for all my games and non-security programs.

I'm not in a hurry just wanted to have the clarification from an expert.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    70.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Addition.txt
    60.2 KB · Views: 1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.