Postimage.org - DEAD END

Y

yigido

Thread author
Yes, and that 900$ happened very fast, in less than a day, plus the money they had before setting up that
donation fund, two or three days from now and all will be fine.
Maybe but I will never harden their job with using their services. I am looking for alternatives.
Their screen capture tool was the best but I have to find new one with good support.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Maybe but I will never harden their job with using their services. I am looking for alternatives.
Their screen capture tool was the best but I have to find new one with good support.
Sharex that support a zillion host. I use imgur and having reddit acceptance behind it helps limit money issues.

Y

yigido

Thread author
Sharex that support a zillion host. I use imgur and having reddit acceptance behind it helps limit money issues.
ShareX is very complex tool.. I need a tool for screenshot and very basic drawings on the screenshot. and upload the screenshot + give me the direct link of image. Done

Y

yigido

Thread author
Has a lot of options but still easy to use. Each to his own though.
Now using this Lightshot — screenshot tool for Mac & Win
I am very pleased with the tool and feature but I do not like the host..
I am looking for a tool like this example

I tested it again.. I found vgy.me is very usefull for me. They support SSL security for direct image links :) (imgur is blocked on my region)
and I can manage the uploaded images from the ShareX interface. I can open the deletion address and I can delete useless ones.
Great app..why I did not try this before :) I cannot figure it out when I tried it last time.

Images are back!

Last edited by a moderator:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I tested it again.. I found vgy.me is very usefull for me. They support SSL security for direct image links :) (imgur is blocked on my region)
and I can manage the uploaded images from the ShareX interface. I can open the deletion address and I can delete useless ones.
Great app..why I did not try this before :) I cannot figure it out when I tried it last time.
You need some time to figure it out because it has a lot of option but it's set and forget. I honestly don't remember how to do every time i format but eventually i figure this out.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Y

yigido

Thread author
You need some time to figure it out because it has a lot of option but it's set and forget. I honestly don't remember how to do every time i format but eventually i figure this out.
Yes, I set it after lots of settings :) I made a settings backup..so I love this tool. Thanks for the suggestion

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I still don't understand they keep hosting images from people that don't even care to create an account... if it was my company, i would delete all those leechers or keep them but embed Ads in their pictures.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I still don't understand they keep hosting images from people that don't even care to create an account... if it was my company, i would delete all those leechers or keep them but embed Ads in their pictures.
I think that's what they did.
I donated, and left a little note to the effect that it would be smart moving forward to eliminate unregistered users option,
or severely limit them.
If they reply I will share it here.
You can bet it's not the unregistered that are lining up with their wallets open to help PostImage.

Last edited:
Y

yigido

Thread author
Please vote for helping them understanding their users.
POLL - Postimage.org

[Oct 31 15:00GMT]Please complete our short survey (only three questions). It will help us understand how much money we can raise with a freemium business model.

Reactions: SHvFl

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm not fan of Postimage.org but sometimes we need to fix certain issues from different parties for better outcome.

We cannot insist that policy/rules must be follow for continuous operation.

Reactions: DardiM

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Thanks to your tremendous efforts and generous donations, the crisis has been averted. The victory belongs to you, our users. Your donations bought us enough time to keep our servers humming while we were figuring out what to do. Your technical expertise allowed us to cut some corners and employ clever tricks. Your connections finally allowed us to establish contact with parties that made a long-term solution affordable. Your emails kept us going on extra-long workdays, because we knew that you were counting on us. We hereby wish to thank everybody who extended their help and advice, and would especially like to mention and recommend the following parties:
https://postimg.org/
Thanks for ShareX and vgy.me. I like postimage Windows App.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy and DardiM

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.