Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Posted a thread in giveaway section but it doesn't show on the forum boards or in my user CP also BBcodes and image ,color,video buttons in message box don't work.I am going to assume that maybe new threads in give away section are moderated since I can post a new thread here

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Your assumptions are correct.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Thank You very much for the response!That's what I thought.I used my Kudos up for today..lol...I will rep you tomorrow.How about bbCodes and the image,color,video,ect. buttons not working.I can enter then manually but buttons dont work

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
White Nobster said:
Thank You very much for the response!That's what I thought.I used my Kudos up for today..lol...I will rep you tomorrow.How about bbCodes and the image,color,video,ect. buttons not working.I can enter then manually but buttons dont work

Are you using the ProBlack theme?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
How about bbCodes and the image,color,video,ect. buttons not working.I can enter then manually but buttons dont work

Are you using Firefox by chance? there is a known bug in Firefox that messes with bbCodes. The bug is not present in Firefox v.15.0.1, all version after that one have this bug.

I'm forced to use Google Chrome on this board because of this bug.
I don't believe this bug is present in all of the other browsers except Mozilla latest releases.

Good day.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Bug present with Icedragon, one of the reasons i shifted to Chrome

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Littlebits said:
How about bbCodes and the image,color,video,ect. buttons not working.I can enter then manually but buttons dont work

Are you using Firefox by chance? there is a known bug in Firefox that messes with bbCodes. The bug is not present in Firefox v.15.0.1, all version after that one have this bug.

I'm forced to use Google Chrome on this board because of this bug.
I don't believe this bug is present in all of the other browsers except Mozilla latest releases.

Good day.:D

Thanks I was just about to try that As you can see it works very nicely and is easier than adding the bbcodes manually
magicalsnap201210261606.png

Kudos for everyone tomorrow

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
White Nobster said:

That is like that because the group you are in the admins have set it where you can only give a certain amount of Kudos to people in 1 day.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Littlebits said:
You are right, hopefully mozilla resolves this soon.
Also present on a build of Waterfox 16.01.
Seems fine with Comodo Dragon tho' ;)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
One more reason to switch to Chrome ... :666:
Anyway,I've added some custom codes and now everything should be fine for our Firefox users.....Update Firefox to its latest version and Enjoy!

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Jack said:
One more reason to switch to Chrome ... :666:
Anyway,I've added some custom codes and now everything should be fine for our Firefox users.....Update Firefox to its latest version and Enjoy!

Here goes the test, works great with the latest Firefox.

Google Chrome is getting better than Firefox lately, but Firefox still has features that I use on forums like the "Edit- Find". Google Chrome's Find is too difficult to use since it disappears each time that you move to a new page and you have to manually go back to open it. It takes too much time and work.

If anyone knows a a good "Find" extension for Chrome comparable to the one on Firefox, then please let me know.

Thanks Jack.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.