Advice Request Potential Memory Leak???

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

byronbytes

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 30, 2022
Basically, anytime I listen to music or play anything with audio for more than at least 10 minutes, the memory usage for this spikes up rapidly, and only goes down when there's no audio playing. audiodg.exe is the name, and I was having this issue for about a month now, does anyone know how to fix it? I have tried removing the "extra sound enhancement" things, and that didn't work. I also have this many audio ports, which might be something, but idk exactly. Please let me know if you have advice or know how to fix!

1654205107760.png

1654205323206.png
1654205331178.png

(Yes the vipex headphones have 2 for some reason?)

marcopaone

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016

"KB5014023 addresses other known issues impacting Windows systems in use 24/7, leading to a memory leak and causing the deduplication driver to deplete all physical memory and cause the machine to stop responding."

Last edited:

byronbytes

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 30, 2022
Update: I finally found the issue.

The issue relies with Razer 8.1 Spatial Audio. How did I find this out? I uninstalled it and the memory usage quite literally dropped to 0% IMMEDIATELY. This is also suspected because it uses "special effects" in a way, non-stop which is how it gains the spatial audio, and the only minimal fix to it would be taskkilling it and restarting it every single time. But even that wouldn't help fix it, so I suggest if you're having the same issue just to uninstall it until further notice.

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Update: I finally found the issue.

The issue relies with Razer 8.1 Spatial Audio. How did I find this out? I uninstalled it and the memory usage quite literally dropped to 0% IMMEDIATELY. This is also suspected because it uses "special effects" in a way, non-stop which is how it gains the spatial audio, and the only minimal fix to it would be taskkilling it and restarting it every single time. But even that wouldn't help fix it, so I suggest if you're having the same issue just to uninstall it until further notice.
Maybe there is a driver update which fixes the issue.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.