Practical application of ChatGPT

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Scientists, journalists, and plain enthusiasts are finding ever more applications for ChatGPT. The Awesome ChatGPT prompts website has a list of prompts (phrases to start a conversation with a bot), which allow to “switch” ChatGPT so that it will respond in the style of Gandalf or some other literary character, write Python code, generate business letters and resumes, and even imitate a Linux terminal. Nevertheless, ChatGPT is still just a language model, so all the above is nothing more than common combinations and collocations of words — you won’t find any reason or logic in it. At times, ChatGPT talks convincing nonsense (like many humans), for example, by referring to non-existent scientific studies. So always treat ChatGPT content with due caution. That said, even in its current form, the bot is useful in many practical processes and industries. Here are some examples in the field of cybersecurity.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
The possibilities are vast and such development opportunities have never been available to people as they are now, not just in the IT sector.
However, the matter is now in court (versus midjourney, ChatGPT, DALL-E, etc) because some, out of jealousy and of course because they want to see money from it, cannot accept progress. I truly hope that Microsoft's "limitless" wallet and legal power will overcome the people standing in the way of progress!

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
1675878012172.png

Very practical indeed and funny.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I was reading on Reddit where someone bypassed the limits put on ChatGPT to answer on some sensitive issues like politics. What they basically do is ask the ChatGPT to play a roleplaying game where it can say anything and those rules doesn't apply anymore.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
I was reading on Reddit where someone bypassed the limits put on ChatGPT to answer on some sensitive issues like politics. What they basically do is ask the ChatGPT to play a roleplaying game where it can say anything and those rules doesn't apply anymore.
I have also done this many times and the results were great. Sometimes there was some information that was not correct, but fortunately I knew this and corrected it. However, the change was in grammar. As a language teacher in this role-play, the grammar and composition were almost perfect. The area that needs improvement is filtering out false information. But what can we expect, it is still just a newborn.
Since I also engage with difficult science in my free time, I need allegories and explanations to understand things more easily. In this regard, ChatGPT is incredible. It can explain very complex things in a way that anyone can understand.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.