Status
Not open for further replies.

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
This is my security config. This only includes free products and services to protect the system from any type of malware,without issuing too many popups. Perfect for normal/novice users.
Hey friends,what about my new security config.
I am waiting for your suggestions and replies.
Thanks.

Last edited:

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
Suggestions:
Thanks for sharing.
sincerely,i don't like to set uac at max. But i will surely use backup software and i also don't thing setting https everywhere in the current config is a good idea. Thanks for suggestion.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Malware Person

Level 4
Verified
Jun 8, 2016
you better add a backup to that config. without any form of backup, a system is insecure. at least have a system image or use file history. i recommend using macrium reflect free or cobian backup

also, you should turn automatic updates on. updates are important and gives a lot of patches on security holes, etc. they should be turned to automaticly download.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
also, you should turn automatic updates on. updates are important and gives a lot of patches on security holes, etc. they should be turned to automaticly download.
actually,i don't use internet on my pc much,and as i have a limited network connection,i could not afford to do it. criticical security updates are applied manually by me,so don't worry.

In my opinion, Kaspersky anti-ransomware tool is not needed for the average user.
Considering you have been infected recently, I think you'd be safer with a default deny solution like Voodoshield.
why do you think so?why this tool is not for average user?Can you please elaborate more.

Last edited by a moderator:

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
why do you think so?why this tool is not for average user?Can you please elaborate more.

To be honest, the amount of files that those specialized softwares block and traditional AVs don't are not significant. So having a service running constantly in the machine might not be worth it.
I would recommend you to try Voodoshield if you want strong zero-day protection for free.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If you look at our HUB testing, you will see that standalone antiransomware tools suffer from the same problems of every security product: no one is 100 bullet-proof, even if certainly, they can be an added value.
About the backup, you already got good advice.

Thanks for sharing :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider the system and data backup solutions already suggested.
Other than that and as long as you install important OS security updates your config is good.
Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Reactions: brambedkar59

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
To be honest, the amount of files that those specialized softwares block and traditional AVs don't are not significant. So having a service running constantly in the machine might not be worth it.
I would recommend you to try Voodoshield if you want strong zero-day protection for free.
Hey friend,I have already used voodooshield but as i mostly remains offline, I don't find it any good as it needs internet connection to identify threats.As i have said,I want such a config that doesn't popup frequently.But in the case of VS i. offline system,it popups a warning for just near any file. By the way, kaspersky anti ransomware tool improved greatly in the new version 1.31 and has almost redd the real system watcher's full functionality.Hope this explains. Thank you for elaborating your statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.