Privacy Badger Sharpening It’s Claws.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Here’s some info on Privacy Badger’s recent development. I haven’t tried updated version since I don’t have my new laptop yet. It sounds interesting but not sure how it compares to Privacy Possum. I don’t have version #s but its available for both Chrome and Firefox, released earlier this month. Has anyone compared updated Privacy Badger to Privacy Possum? :unsure:

Edit: Here’s an excerpt -

“The latest release of Privacy Badger gives it the power to detect and block a new class of evasive, pervasive third-party trackers, including Google Analytics.
Most blocking tools, like uBlock Origin, Ghostery, and Firefox’s native blocking mode (using Disconect’s block lists), use human-curated lists to decide whether to block or allow third-party resources. But Privacy Badger is different. Rather than rely on a list of known trackers, it discovers and learns to block new trackers in the wild. It works using heuristics, or patterns of behavior, to identify trackers.
Last week, we updated Privacy Badger with a new heuristic to help it identify trackers that have flown under its radar in the past. Here’s how it works. ... “

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
But Privacy Badger is different. Rather than rely on a list of known trackers, it discovers and learns to block new trackers in the wild.
It would be best, if they would allow users to choose both, but that is not the way it works and that is why I would never recommend Privacy Badger.
Privacy Badger is not for skilled users, because it does not let you to customize much. It is not for "noobs" either, it blocks too much. Who is it for?

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I am giving this extension a 1 month test-drive and don't know how many members use it. Anyone here using this latest version?

I'm using the new Privacy Badger and Privacy Possum in different combos alternating with µBO in Medium mode and default Easy mode for my month-long test. I'm also testing PB & PP used together in Chromium Edge with its built in ad/tracking enabled and no µBO. This is a pretty good set and forget setup as absolutely no user input is required. This is my very early , unscientific impression.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.