Advice Request Privacy / security concern about KIS

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 15, 2017

I wonder how many these entries are actually used by Kaspersky's needs, and which goes for else...

Reactions: stefanos

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
As other people said, It Is the servers for the KSN.
But I don't understand the "crypto" between them.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Application Control is killing my Dashlane experience, Kaspersky keeps on placing it in "high restricted" group atleast once a week.
There used be a setting in Application Control which i always disabled "Delete application rules for xx days old applications" or something. Now it automatically controls it so i thing it renews the rules every week or so, doesn't matter if the rules were user-defined or not. So if you put something in trusted then you have to follow 2 simple rules -
  1. use it regularly, cause unused application rules gets deleted.
  2. don't change anything, i mean updates, settings, etc for the application.
If these two things are being followed, then your application will stay in trusted forever. At least i haven't encountered any problems after following the above rules.

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Yeah... I've discovered a couple of really worrying AC control bugs specially with Windows file that I hope no cybercriminal already did. Sad part is Kaspersky support says that's "how it's supossed to work"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.