Advice Request Is this something to be worried about (KSN not available/temporarily restrictions on reputation requests)

Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.
Is this something to be worried about?

"Connected (restrictions are temporarily imposed on reputation requests)"
"Kaspersky Security Network is currently not available"




avpui_3Ct2Ws0uv8.png

avpui_vnPRZjcwl3.png
 
No need to worry. This is usually a temporary issue due to server maintenance or internet connection problems. Try restarting your device or check your internet connection. If the problem persists, contact Kaspersky support.
 
No, occasionally K servers are busy or temporarly down.
One time, I had to trie registering KFA for hours before succeeding, because servers where not available.
 
the status has not changed, does this essentially mean kaspersky is not able to use the online system as a part of its protection? Or is it that i simply can't check the 'reputation' of software, because when I right click, that option is grayed out...
 
Thanks for your post.
Connection from Kaspersky Endpoint Security (KES) to Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) can be done in 2 ways: Directly or using KSC (Cloud or On Premise) as Proxy for connection.

Depending on your central management for KES protection used, please check application ports that must be excluded from Proxy/Firewall restrictions:
Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console - Ports used by Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console
Kaspersky Security Center (Windows) - Ports used by Kaspersky Security Center
Kaspersky Security Center (Linux) - Ports used by Kaspersky Security Center Linux
Kaspersky Business Hub - Network ports used by Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud

Also, please be sure:
1. You have accepted KSN ToS in KES policy from KSC or KSCCC or Business Hub
2. In KES policy, section "Advanced Threat Protection", the checkmark "use KSC as KSN Proxy" is disabled. Keep it unmarked if you wants all protected computers reaching internet to connect directly to our KSN.
3. If you want all KSN queries from your protected computers using KSC as proxy, please enable the checkmark "use KSC as KSN Proxy" as mentioned above.

P.S.: No, this is not related to any maintenance activities.
 
I use Kaspersky standard though - 21.20.8.505 Kaspersky Standard. I contact Kaspersky, they told me to install latest version since atm I am on ver 21.20.8.505. Sounds lame, but I cannot restart atm as I am in the middle of a project, and installing the new version would require a restart.

I will double-check firewall settings, but before I don't remember having such an issue with firewall and I momentarily disable firewall as well. I will see if there is anything else from your post I can apply to my Kaspersky standard settings. Thank you!

Thanks for the information that this issue is not related to maintenance on the part of Kaspersky.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I use Kaspersky standard though - 21.20.8.505 Kaspersky Standard. I contact Kaspersky, they told me to install latest version since atm I am on ver 21.20.8.505. Sounds lame, but I cannot restart atm as I am in the middle of a project, and installing the new version would require a restart.

I will double-check firewall settings, but before I don't remember having such an issue with firewall and I momentarily disable firewall as well. I will see if there is anything else from your post I can apply to my Kaspersky standard settings. Thank you!

Thanks for the information that this issue is not related to maintenance on the part of Kaspersky.
Ok, got it. Let's do a fresh start on my recommendation. :)
Please check in your environment if your firewall or proxy are blocking requests to addresses listed in this URL: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/start/6105
 
Thank you @Vimaro. So this is what I did: I used a utility to ping all, and no issues, all urls were successfully pinged with replies.

Another update: the issue appears to have resolved itself?! I don't know why, but I will keep an eye out to see if it's going to happen again.

However, I still have a follow up question. Since we are speaking about kaspersky servers..., i recently excluded kaspersky from vpn tunnel, I excluded these paths, is that enough to ensure it functions properly outside the tunnel?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab,

C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab,

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV\Kaspersky

Thanks very much for your help, i am a little suspicious how it resolved as i was playing with the tunnel, so I will keep an eye out to see if issue recurrs...
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top