Private and Secure Anonymous Web Surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Private and Secure Anonymous Web Surfing topic for you here..

I have a nice icon on my Desktop: UltraSurf colorful icon ..;)

Ultrasurf FREE download home (USA) page: http://ultrasurf.us/index.html

Ultrasurf is portable - unzip it into your favorite folder, eg. My Documents folder. I have 1.37 MB Ultrasurf lightweight folder ..
Then create the shortcut (with right click) of u1301.exe on your desktop - and use according to your wishes, as often as possible (good for your privacy, good for your security, good for your freedom).

Yes, the latest version is v13.01.

Quote:
'Ultrasurf has now become the world's most popular pro-privacy, anti-censorship software, with millions of people using it to bypass firewalls and protect their identity online.

PRIVACY: Protect your privacy online with anonymous surfing and browsing. Ultrasurf hides your IP address, clears browsing history, cookies, and more.

SECURITY: A high level of encryption and completely transparent data
transfer allows you to surf the web securely.

FREEDOM: Bypass firewalls to browse the internet freely.

We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from our Web Server log to third parties except to the extent necessary including:
To fulfill your service requests for services,
To protect ourselves from liability,
To respond to legal process or comply with law, or
In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.'
- Yes, it's fine, excellent.
---------------------------------------------------------

Maybe look also, if you wish, on my ancient Sysinternals thread: 'Ultra Surf : is NOT malware, I think ! ...': http://forum.sysinternals.com/ultra-surf-is-not-malware-i-think_topic20299_page1.html - but many links are dead since 2009 ..

------------------------------

At your tips, guys ..:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: ForgottenSeer 65219
P

Plexx

RE: Private and Secure Web Surfing

The fact that only makes you using Internet Explorer, I rather use other tools and as usual, the VPN service as I have to use it for some games I play.

Clearing browser history etc, you can manually do it, no need to have a program that would mask your IP only on one browser do it for you.

Handy tool but I would not see a need to use such tool for my needs.

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
RE: Private and Secure Web Surfing

biozfear said:
The fact that only makes you using Internet Explorer, I rather use other tools and as usual, the VPN service as I have to use it for some games I play.

Clearing browser history etc, you can manually do it, no need to have a program that would mask your IP only on one browser do it for you.

Handy tool but I would not see a need to use such tool for my needs.

Here's some others:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-anonymous-surfing-service.htm

Personally, I use HotSpot Shield.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@biozfear: 'UltraSurf is a VPN program for Windows'. So try it and get your impressions here, please.;)

@Chiron: Thank you very much for your link I really appreciate.

So this Quote from your link about our UltraSurf:
'UltraSurf is a VPN program for Windows. They have servers located in USA and collect the following data about you; your IP; the properties of browser and/or your computer; the number of links you click within a site; state or country from which you accessed the site; date and time of your visit; name of your ISP; web page you linked to our site from; and pages you viewed on the site. The GUI is very basic; a few standard Windows-like buttons to access options, help and to exit the program. There are radio buttons for server selection and that's all that is interesting about the GUI apart from the server utilisation displays which are helpful in deciding which server is currently the fastest. At the moment, users are unable to change the default port (9666) to a custom one. Users should be aware of any restrictions that prevent the program from listening on that port before attempting to use it. NB: Some antivirus programs falsely identify Ultrasurf as a virus/trojan as it can penetrate through firewalls. This is a false positive. Please be aware of this if you get any alerts and such. Here are some of my personal ratings and a few technical points regarding the program;

Speed Rating: Fast
Anonymity Rating: High
Usage Allowance: Unlimited
Logging Level: High. UltraSurf collect the following data; your IP; the properties of browser and/or your computer; the number of links you click within a site; state or country from which you accessed the site; date and time of your visit; name of your ISP; web page you linked to our site from; and pages you viewed on the site.
Server Location(s): USA
WOT Rating: Good.
5MB of RAM usage when running.'

'Combines a web service with a stand-alone program.
Pros: Simply GUI, very lightweight, no installation necessary, fully portable, reasonably fast and secure, direct support for IE.
Cons: Cannot change default listening port, lack of features additional features, only support and integration with IE.' (hey, Firefox also: look in this Support page: http://www.ultrareach.com/support.html - Quote: 'Add-on for Firefox:
Firefox users need to download the firefox add-on besides the above software ..' - for download link look on this Support page.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
UltraSurf NEW version v11.04 is born - download link in the first post, please.

Executable u1104.exe (modified February 24, 2012): 1.37 MB (precedent version u1103.exe: 1.19 MB).

Thank you!

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you HeffeD!

I think that UltraSurf is very good, speedy and safe for my needs.
I downloaded the latest version v12.01. No problem, works very quickly.

I think Tor is its competitor, then ..

I prefer the UltraSurf for my needs, and this is my definitive, final opinion.

In the past I have experimented with Tor and I was disappointed with .. I don't have enough confidence in Tor .. Perhaps this is subjective, OK.

But in the UltraSurf response - I did notice this:
'The bottom line is that Ultrasurf has been serving millions of people for the past decade in over 180 countries. It has been essential during times of humanitarian crises, allowing millions of people to evade government censorship and surveillance. The Chinese government in particular has spent considerable resources, and yet it has never successfully blocked us for any extended period of time; neither has there been any evidence of monitoring. The same cannot be said for the Tor system, which has been successfully blocked in China on many occasions for extended periods. To the best of our knowledge, Ultrasurf has not been either monitored or blocked in any country.'

So thank you for good read!

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I discovered UltrSurf awhile back and it has really improved, more stable and faster than Tor. Since it is a portable app, it is easy to take with you on a USB device to use on just about any system. I like how it removes all tracks when you close it.

Excellent app!!:D

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Just sandboxing would be good. Anyways i use CyberGhost VPN. I normally dont use proxies. IF you really are concerned about your identity and being anonymous I think the best thing would be to minimize internet usage or completely stop using it.
I subscribe to many blogs and also to their giveaways. The thing i always do is create a seperate email ID for it. This email does not contain my original names or anything nor is linked to my other accounts. For surfing questionable sites i use my VM.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Littlebits said:
I discovered UltrSurf awhile back and it has really improved, more stable and faster than Tor. Since it is a portable app, it is easy to take with you on a USB device to use on just about any system. I like how it removes all tracks when you close it.

Excellent app!!:D

UltraSurf latest version: v13.01 ..

I

illumination

If they collect all this info via logs, and would turn it over for various reasons, then this product is not "Private & Secure" and certainly not "Anonymous".. Just my two cents..

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”
~Marcus Aurelius (AD 121-180)

Excellent app!!

Sure.

I56p9.jpg

I

illumination

Prorootect said:
“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”
~Marcus Aurelius (AD 121-180)

Exactly why that is my signature... ;)

One read of the links HeffeD provided is enough for me to not want to trust this product, but, to each their own i guess!

Coffeeman

Level 3
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
Well, I heard Epic Browser offers some anonymity, but if as a person, you are a bit paranoid about privacy nothing others offer is pretty good for you, just what you make:)

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
And this gem I use now, thanks to MalwareVirus:

Free Safe Online Proxy Service, called: UltraProxy!

UltraProxy page: https://ultraproxy.us/

Start browsing through this CGI-based proxy by entering a URL below ..

I notched all boxes: No cookies No scripts No ads No referrer Show this form , and I have permanent proxified safe search engine .. One with Google, another with DuckDuckGo ..

- And you?

PS. If you get 'Service unavaillable', so first unnotch 'No cookies' box , make your page, then notch cookies, and make another page - your page with all boxes notched.

Last edited:

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
be careful with ultrasurf it changes your proxy server and when you havent install it your computer i dont like software making changes without my permission

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
rebel4life said:
be careful with ultrasurf it changes your proxy server and when you havent install it your computer i dont like software making changes without my permission

Proxy is only temporary changed when the program is running.
It changes it back to default after you exit the program.

Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.