Advice Request Private Internet Access A (VPN)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Ok, I am actually seriously considering a VPN.
Most of you know me well enough to know I did my homework, and I ended up zeroing in on
PIA (Private Internet Access) VPN.
From what I can see it is a very good choice, I went over it with my boss (My wife Carol) :)
and she too thinks it is a good choice.
My question is does it deliver ? I would like to hear from actual PIA users in this community, seeing
I trust your input and opinions.
I don't want to hear about other solutions, please trust me I have used cyberghost VPN in the past for a short time, and when I say I did my homework that usually involves me messaging the dev's of each one I am interested in, not just reading reviews.
I would love to hear user experiences good or bad. I will be buying it Monday seeing I am off that day and not on call, so I can dedicate that day to configuring and tweaking it uninterrupted.
So if you have used it I have this whole weekend for user input and or advise. Any input on user experience, installing, configuring, what to do and "not do" will be most welcome.
Thanks.
PS: I have Email notifications on too and will be paying close attention to this thread.
EDIT: One more question, Will this bypass my DNS settings ? I use AdGuards DNS servers, I realize that it can prevent DNS leakage, but PIA wont override my DNS servers will it ?

Last edited:

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
does it deliver, yes it dose ,
installing, configuring , is easy as pie since it pretty much works right out of the Box so to speak ,
Will this bypass my DNS settings , I believe PIA uses its own DNS,
I have used PIA for a number of years ,
But have moved on to other solutions , my experiences with PIA were Good

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Last edited:

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Ok, I am actually seriously considering a VPN.
Most of you know me well enough to know I did my homework, and I ended up zeroing in on
PIA (Private Internet Access) VPN.
From what I can see it is a very good choice, I went over it with my boss (My wife Carol) :)
and she too thinks it is a good choice.
My question is does it deliver ? I would like to hear from actual PIA users in this community, seeing
I trust your input and opinions.
I don't want to hear about other solutions, please trust me I have used cyberghost VPN in the past for a short time, and when I say I did my homework that usually involves me messaging the dev's of each one I am interested in, not just reading reviews.
I would love to hear user experiences good or bad. I will be buying it Monday seeing I am off that day and not on call, so I can dedicate that day to configuring and tweaking it uninterrupted.
So if you have used it I have this whole weekend for user input and or advise. Any input on user experience, installing, configuring, what to do and "not do" will be most welcome.
Thanks.
PS: I have Email notifications on too and will be paying close attention to this thread.
EDIT: One more question, Will this bypass my DNS settings ? I use AdGuards DNS servers, I realize that it can prevent DNS leakage, but PIA wont override my DNS servers will it ?

This vpn is not good... i used it ); Its slow,
And it still let me showing ( dnsleaktest )
My ip or dns idk ;P ( idk if this is still what it was )

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.