Advice Request Private Internet Access VPN - disappears after a reboot?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
Hello,I have a strange issue,I have just got a new Acer Aspire(w 10) and I can install Private Internet Access but it disappears after a reboot I do not know what to do.
Please help

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
New Windows 8.1 bug appeared after some update. Do another cold reboot and PIA VPN will appear again. But the bug will appear again. NVT ERP was the 1st one to disappear for me, I thought it was because I was using beta version. But then I've had Secure Folders and Emsisoft AM disappear too o_O
I believe it might be the same for you too.

Last edited:

Nuno

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
That's odd, i've used PIA in Windows 10, in an Acer Aspire (exact same conditions) for months without any issue.
Do you have any software that may be detecting it as malware or blocking it from changing TAP adapter driver? Some AV, or some software like Kerish Doctor?

Also, I remember PIA didn't show up in my start screen programs, I had to fetch it from the programs (or programs x86, can't remember) folder. Check if it's there. It may be installed but not showing up.

Reactions: frogboy
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
I have McAfee Livesafe,Malwarebytes,Voodooshield Premium and Hitmanpro:)

Reactions: Nuno

Nuno

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
I have McAfee Livesafe,Malwarebytes,Voodooshield Premium and Hitmanpro:)
voodooShield used to block some PIA needed service for me. So it may be that. I cannot remember the name of the executable but it didn't sound like it would belong to PIA. A quick Google was what made me realise it was needed for PIA.
Sorry that I can't remember the name, but maybe try to disable voodooShield, reinstall it and see if it still disappears when you shutdown the computer

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.