Status
Not open for further replies.

hakah

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
No Private Message Facility is imposed in this Forum which may incur difficulties for members to chat/discuss between or among themselves. Sometimes they may even find difficulties to seek Forum Staff, Forum Expert or even Forum Moderator advice or help. Please consider this suggestion and hope this request can be accepted and approved. Thanks!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
We do have Private Messaging named Conversations, respectively. You can invite multiple or a single member to your conversation, and are stored in your Inbox. http://malwaretips.com/conversations

Click on a members Profile > Information tab > Under Interact: "Start a Conversation".

upload_2014-5-27_13-36-13.png

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
"Conversation" is the PM system in Xenforo.
Ashampoo_Snap_2014.05.27_07h32m05s_001_.png
* Click a Username then click "start a Conversation"

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.05.27_07h34m07s_002_.png
* The Participants are shown in the first box where you can invite up to 10

* Enter the message title

* Enter your message

* Click start conversation

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Speaking about Private message, this reminds me of first time I joined MT and want to PM Mr Exterminator20, yes at first I had a bit difficult to find "Which one is PM button?" :D

I have a suggestion, and I'm sorry if I asked it on wrong place, I realize this is not my place to ask, perhaps it will make more easy to change the label button on it? instead of "Start conversation" how about "PM this member" or "Start conversation (PM)" or basically anything that more easy?

Just my 2 cents, once again I'm sorry if I asked it on a wrong place :(

hakah

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
I reckon there is conversation for members to discuss or chat on any items or topics. But I am trying to say is that personal private messaage among friends whom are members of the Forum and some conversations are not so open to other members as well.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It would have to be changed by editing the forum code.I think it would be easier to leave it as is.Members who are not familiar with Xenforo,especially those who are used to MyBB or VB, should look around the site and become familiar with the features.If someone is having trouble please feel free to send me a PM or post a question.Questions about the site for new members to Xenforo can post their questions here: http://malwaretips.com/forums/help-for-new-members.90/
No question is a stupid one,do not be embarrassed to ask if you are unsure of something or having trouble

I reckon there is conversation for members to discuss or chat on any items or topics. But I am trying to say is that personal private messaage among friends whom are members of the Forum and some conversations are not so open to other members as well.

If you click on a username and do not add any other usernames in the participant box,you are having a personal private message with that member or friend.No one but the 2 of you can view your messages not even staff members.It is exactly the same as the private message system on MyBB and Vbulletin but only better

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
@hakah
It's actually work as PM does, and the advantage is you can also invite anyone into your conversation, it's just the name which is different than the others :)

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
It would have to be changed by editing the forum code.I think it would be easier to leave it as is.Members who are not familiar with Xenforo,especially those who are used to MyBB or VB, should look around the site and become familiar with the features.If someone is having trouble please feel free to send me a PM or post a question.Questions about the site for new members to Xenforo can post their questions here: http://malwaretips.com/forums/help-for-new-members.90/
No question is a stupid one,do not be embarrassed to ask if you are unsure of something or having trouble

Okay thanks then :) (I don't know about Xenforo, I'm gonna google it now, thanks for mentioning Xenforo to me)

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Okay thanks then :) (I don't know about Xenforo, I'm gonna google it now, thanks for mentioning Xenforo to me)
Yes Xenforo is an entirely different platform than Vbulletin or MyBB.It is a much better platform however and just takes a little getting used to if you were familiar with other forum platforms

hakah

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
Now I am quite clear about this. As in most Forums, they still retain PM or messengers and Notifications just like Alert here. Thanks a lot to those Forum Staff and Members for their detailed explanations and illustrations. Many thanks!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The Conversations are Private Messages, only XenForo uses a different word compared to MyBB (our previous Forum software).

Additionally XenForo allows conversation members to Invite other members, but only if you allow this.

If you initiate the PM/Conversation and do NOT check the box, then no one except for yourself can Invite other members.
Except Moderators and Admins.
upload_2014-5-27_15-37-39.png

Edit: Didn't see the new posts before posting. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.