Guide | How To PrivaZer Is Arguably The Best System Cleaning Tool For Windows

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
System cleaners literally add a new life to your PC, as various unwanted file traces, registry keys, invalid programs, browser history and other objects gradually deteriorate your system’s overall performance. Whilst the integrated Disk Cleanup utility comes in handy to get rid of those traces, third-party tools simply provide you with a lot more; for instance, the recently covered Clean Temporary Files, an open source system cleaning tool with myriad of features and top-notch performance, exceeded our expectations. If you somehow didn’t find Clean Temporary Files much useful, or simply were looking for another alternative, try PrivaZer, which definitely won’t disappoint you. The features we found on PrivaZer are unique, powerful and perform as they are being promoted. The In Depth scan is simply amazing, performing a complete system clean up within a few steps. Then you have cleaning options for secondary storage, external drives, USB flash drives, iPod, MP3 Player, SD memory card and NAS, which makes this tool a lot better than other counterparts. What’s more, there’s an integrated file shredder and file recovery option, too.

http://goo.gl/RvINr

Reactions: Nico@FMA

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
How is PrivaZer at removal/cleaning of ad-ware cookies?
And how does PrivaZer compare to Xleaner? Or ccleaner?

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
MRF71 I too was thinking of thread for privazer i thought no one knew about it good to know people are noticing
Thanks

P

Plexx

Wasnt Xleaner a clone of CCleaner? I remember seeing somewhere a couple of "clones" being listed.

Downloaded PrivaZer and will give it a try tomorrow

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I've only used it for a short time, seems great so far but ccleaner is still my fav

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
PrivaZer Arguably the best? Well maybe not the best but as a long time user I have not come across a program that does a better job.
However its not a Ccleaner type of program as Privazer is advanced use only.
And regardless if they are the best or not they seem to do exactly what they claim to do.
Which cannot be said about most cleaners.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Right now I am using:

> CCleaner
> Wise Care 365

without any problems. I have a need for improvement
with my PC. And I am always looking for something better. ;)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Let's share some of my findings from my experience using these tools.
Well, the most garbage filling your hard disk comes from :
  • Browsing the web
  • Temporary folders from C/Windows and C/Users (WIndows XP is C/Documents and Settings)
  • Windows Updates and Office Updates
  • Logs and backup files created by various programs
  • Extracted installation files from programs that were installed on your system but remained after uninstalling them (like NitroPDF or CyberLink products, they are packed in one type of installer and when installing unpacks to a different one, usually .mse to start installation, these installers are used to start uninstallation of the same products and usually can be found in C/Users or hidden C/Program Data )
So, for example, after installing fresh Windows 7 SP1 + Office 2013 SP1 and updating them via Windows Updates to this date, you can find ~ 2-3GB of "garbage" on your system.

In my opinion the best combo for removing all this unnecessary files are CCleaner + Wise Disk Cleaner + PrivaZer (free combo).

CCleaner for removing the browsing activities and some logs from your system...
Privazer, like it name says, for removing the traces that concerns privacy on your system from various programs, and some cool options like cleaning traces in RAM, hiberfil.sys, pagefile.sys, free space ....
And Wise Disk Cleaner, can be used from time to time, and can be used as a portable edition, as this edition has also full functionality.
This tool has awesome function to find almost any temporary file on the system
Wise-Disk-Cleaner_4.png

, to find unused installation files (Windows Installer Baseline Cache ) , also Windows Downloaded Installation Files, logs and backups from Windows Updates
Wise-Disk-Cleaner_5.png

Also, I need to remind the users of these tools that they can remove .bak files, that were created by various programs for restoring (for example) previous version of the program if needed, or restore some updates (ESET), so after removing these files, those programs maybe will not be able to restore some settings, or your previous work in Adobe Photoshop, FL Studio...
Watch carefully what are you removing from your system

In my testings Windows Disk Cleaner was unable to remove all Windows Update Backups and all temporary files
WinUpdateCleanupFigD_011614.png

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Totally agree with you there

There is not a single reason not to trust Privazer, it is arguably just as trust worthy as Ccleaner.
Not trying to favo this program but it is seriously good and very well regarded by those who use it.
Even technical people are pretty amazed about the programs functions and actual power to clean up.
Because this program really works and it really does clean what it lists as to be cleaned.
It fetches garbage and old files from places most people did not even know they did exist.

S

starchild76

I use ccleaner , wise care 365 free and privazer , I only use privazer once per 2 or 3 three months to clear out old prefetch data and for cleaning the free space and mft files. and to answer moose's question : I run win 8.1 64 bit and privazer does the job for me. als cleaning programs use different cleaning cycles and what one does not find , the other does. I do not recommend privazer for people who do not exactly know what they doing , but it does not mean that privazer is not an untrustworthy program. it actually quite good.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.