Solved Problem with my Samsung laptop charging

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
My problem is with my Samsung NP-QX410-S01CA laptop not charging, what happens is the charger is plugged into the wall outlet (ive tried many wall outlets so it wouldnt be that specific one) and the chargers green light comes on showing its getting power. but when i plug it into the laptop it will not show up the charging light on the laptop will not come on and it wont get power so it doesnt even stay on with charger which makes me think maybe the charger.. it does give power sometimes but today if it does give power to the laptop its only for a few seconds or not at all.

Please let me know what you think it could be. Thanks.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Sometimes the charging port connection wire on the Laptop loosens over time and or a connection wire to the port comes off where it is usually soldered.The only other thing would be that the charger is bad.I had a similar problem on an HP Laptop where It wouldn't charge and if I moved the cord to a certain position it would work.Eventually it became worse until it didnt work anymore. I bought a new charger and all was fine.I think it was the wires inside the cord .They might have cracked over time from bending ect.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Buying a new charger would be your best option, if the new charger doesn't work then that can indicate a more serious and costly problem.

Thanks.:D

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
pluged in my girlfriends samsung charger for her laptop and it seems to work, ive a some problems with hers before too but its working better so maybe i just need a new charger lol (hoping for the cheaper fix :p)

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
imsoadude said:
pluged in my girlfriends samsung charger for her laptop and it seems to work, ive a some problems with hers before too but its working better so maybe i just need a new charger lol (hoping for the cheaper fix :p)

Look at these some very cheap prices for your problem $15-$24

http://www.amazon.com/iTEKIRO-NP-Q530-JA01US-NP-Q530-JA02US-NP-QX410-J01US-NP-QX410-S01CA/dp/B0081Q018Q

http://www.amazon.com/NP-Q430-JA01US-NP-Q430-JS03US-NP-Q430-JSB1US-NP-Q430-JU01US-NP-Q530-JA02US/dp/B008KFJVZW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Adapter-For-SAMSUNG-NP-QX410-S01CA-NP-Q430-JS01UK-LTN140AT2-Notebook-Charger-/350510159706

http://www.ebuybatteries.com/product/models/2_Samsung-AC090W008T2_Samsung+NP-QX410-S01CA.htm

http://www.new-power-adapter.com/samsung-np-q310-np-q430-js01uk-np-qx410-s01ca-np-x1-power-supply-laptop-ac-adapter-charger-856.html

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
my charger i have has a output current of 3.16A most of them are 4.74A does that make a difference? both are still 19V output?

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
imsoadude said:
my charger i have has a output current of 3.16A most of them are 4.74A does that make a difference? both are still 19V output?

Yes it does, you need to get one that is basically the same as the original.

Here is what you need, i believe- http://www.amazon.com/NP-Q530-JT02ZA-NP-QX410-J01US-NP-QX410-S01CA-NP-QX410-S02CA-NP-QX410-S02US/dp/B00B4MWQGY

Enjoy!!:D

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
They wont ship to my address in canada lol.. ill check canada amazon see if they have something similar

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
imsoadude said:

Most cover a wide variety of models.As long as the voltage is the same it should be fine.I have used universal replacement chargers and never had a problem.But as Littlebits said it should be close.Amazon and ebay should ship to Canada

Upvote 0

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Littlebits said:
imsoadude said:

Yes it does, you need to get one that is basically the same as the original.

Here is what you need, i believe- http://www.amazon.com/NP-Q530-JT02ZA-NP-QX410-J01US-NP-QX410-S01CA-NP-QX410-S02CA-NP-QX410-S02US/dp/B00B4MWQGY

It is cheaper than a Big Mac from McDonalds :p

Good find

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
find one with the same voltage and at least the minimum amperage that you need.The charging cord is basically a power supply and will only draw the amps needed to run it.So using a charger with 4.74a and your oem charger is 3.15a your laptop is only going to draw the amperage it needs from the maximum rated amperage of 4.74a from the replacement charger.The voltage is the most important thing if yours is 19 volts then the replacement should be 19 volts.The amperage that is shown is the maximum amperage that can be pulled from that charger so If your worried about a higher amperage your laptop will only use what it needs.

So many of these are fine as long as they are 19 volts.I wouldnt get one that is less amperage than your OEM charger though.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I only found two from Amazon.ca- http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Ac+Adapter+Battery+Charger+for+Samsung++QX410

CDN$ 21.20

Power: 19v 4.74a 90W (60W Compatible) which is 3.16A

So those should work, both look like the same thing.

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Thanks Littlebits, i was looking at that one but wasnt sure if it would be right lol but i found a tech guy near me that shows the oem one on their website so im gonna see if they have it first tomorrow otherwise i have to look into ordering and hoping the wait time isn't too long

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
So my problem was the charger i probably killed it with how much i use my laptop, i always use to here squealing from it when i did anything hard on resources which i knew wasnt good but never thought it would kill it lol. So i got the 90w one and so far so good :)

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
imsoadude said:
So my problem was the charger i probably killed it with how much i use my laptop, i always use to here squealing from it when i did anything hard on resources which i knew wasnt good but never thought it would kill it lol. So i got the 90w one and so far so good :)

Glad to hear it worked out and your back in business :)

Upvote 0

cairomoonkane

Feb 25, 2013
Hi there, I hade a very similar problem with my Samsung NP-QX412 i managed to find a charger from a great website which have a charger for almost nay laptop you can think of. they have great service and very fast shipping. this is the link to the site Samsung NP-QX412 Laptop charger
imsoadude said:
My problem is with my Samsung NP-QX410-S01CA laptop not charging, what happens is the charger is plugged into the wall outlet (ive tried many wall outlets so it wouldnt be that specific one) and the chargers green light comes on showing its getting power. but when i plug it into the laptop it will not show up the charging light on the laptop will not come on and it wont get power so it doesnt even stay on with charger which makes me think maybe the charger.. it does give power sometimes but today if it does give power to the laptop its only for a few seconds or not at all.

Please let me know what you think it could be. Thanks.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.