Solved Problems with Bitdefender IS 2012 slow browsing etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimreaper1014

Level 3
Thread author
Jul 9, 2011
Hello,

I recently purchased a two year license for Bitdefender Internet Security 2012. I decided to activate it the other day due to not being happy with the other security solutions I have tried. I am having a few issues with the software, and decided to see if someone here could give me a hand. I would like to get the issues resolved because it does look like a solid easy to use suite. It seams like it would be great on my 8 year old son's computer that we just got him for xmas. If I can get the issues resolved I would like to take advantage of the x5 licenses they are providing to secure my other computers.

The main issue I am facing is when I load webpages. They will load very slowly and I have to refresh them multiple times to get them to load completely. I did a clean install of Windows 7 x64 on my computer, and installed Bitdefender. I did this just to get all the old crap off of my computer which could have been potentially causing problems. Still pages are loading slowly or not completely in Firefox. I tried uninstall Bitdefender to see if it made any difference. Once Bitdefender was uninstalled the problem was resolved. This tells me it is something to do with Bitdefender for sure. I do not know enough about the program to know what can be disabled and what can't. Also, another problem I am having is when I run a speed test at www.speedtest.net. The test for download speed will be very slow and bounces around. At the very end of the test it will shoot to around 6mb. It is like very choppy, and I can't imagine it would be accurate. This occurs with Bitdefender installed. It doesn't happen without Bitdefender. Could someone please help me try to resolve this issue? Also, if someone could explain to me the best configuration of Bitdefender I would greatly appreciate it. My 8 year old is always playing games all over the internet. He seams to constantly get virus's. His laptop currently has AVG Internet Security on it. I would like to get it switched out with Bitdefender as I mentioned if I can get these problems resolved. Thanks in advance and I greatly appreciate it!

~grim

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
this is an issue with bitdefender is since many years,if you seek help on their forum they will tell you to disable several stuff which scans http traffic,but this would mean disabling some protection,one thing i can tell you try other security suite if you want a paid one go for norton if you want a free one try comodo,bit defender is not what it use to be atleast for me.

Upvote 0

grimreaper1014

Level 3
Thread author
Jul 9, 2011
Thx for the reply. This is terrible. Disabling HTTP traffic sounds like a bad idea. I don't think that would be a good idea especially on my 8 year old son's computer. Plus I have already paid for this suite. I just activated a two year license. Anyone have Bitdefender installed? What are you guys doing?

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello grimreaper1014 and welcome,
First off all , you should know that other people also reported a slow down in the browsing speed with the Bitdefender 2012 products installed.And the best thing to do is to address to their support center so that they will know that this is a problem for the users and fix it in the next releases.

uTjcd.png

Now , what browser are you using and what version it is ? What add-ons do you have installed?
What other security products do you have installed on the computer besides Bitdefender IS 2012?
Can try to disable the 'Scan http traffic' in the settings to see if the problem still persists?
fdn2b.png

As for you son security protection ,you will need to start a thread in our PC Security Configuration Wizard, because we need to know a few things before we are able to tell you what you need add or remove from your computer.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.