Problems with Virus Total

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Its hard to tell at this point until further info comes along.:confused::confused:

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
As you can see in the report there are some URLs at VT that point to malicious sites. It's possible that some user posted them in comments or Google simply found them in an URL scan report so don't worry about it.
BTW, VT was acquired by Google.

Reactions: Engage

dannythesquirrel

Thread author
Oct 24, 2015
I thought it was quite ironic that Google might be noting that one of it's own websites might be dangerous. I have been having problems trying to up load files for much of the day but I can see the last time a file was tested and some of those have been in the last couple of hours. I suspect it's probably nothing but from what that link says, visitors have been redirected to Virus Total from malicious sites rather than it being the other way around.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
I suspect it's probably nothing but from what that link says, visitors have been redirected to Virus Total from malicious sites rather than it being the other way around.
Sorry, I misread the report. That's actually even better, I don't understand why would malicious sites redirect to VT but that's not a problem unlike the other way around.

dannythesquirrel

Thread author
Oct 24, 2015
I'm able to use Virus Total again with no issues so whatever the problem was, I suspect it is now fine.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Sometimes Google Safe Browsing analysis provides several reports that bounds from third party sites which other websites may consider dangerous based on collective information.

However the report may refresh for possible clearance which I encounter them before.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.