Jun 26, 2016

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I agree with:

"This important change will allow Firefox web browser to run Chrome’s PDF viewer and Flash Player.

Mozilla calls this step an exercise to reduce the work done by Mozilla developers to write code for the technologies that are used to provide a better web experience but not a core piece of the web platform.

In other words, to make the web browsing experience better, Mozilla is agreeing to use APIs that are not considered web standards."​

Both Mozilla (devs) and Firefox (users) will benefit from Project Mortar.

Y

yigido

Trying to reborn while dying. They are basically going to grab every resource they can from Chrome and hope they survive.
I hope this too because I love challenges, it always brings good.
I never see an end-user which pick firefox while he/she has chrome on desktop. No one!
UI still lagging but they are still trying to add flash, add/remove hello, pocket..I cannot understand Mozilla.
Is it too hard to give us a great neat smooth browser? Pfhh..

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I hope this too because I love challenges, it always brings good.
I never see an end-user which pick firefox while he/she has chrome on desktop. No one!
UI still lagging but they are still trying to add flash, add/remove hello, pocket..I cannot understand Mozilla.
Is it too hard to give us a great neat smooth browser? Pfhh..
They don't have the money and developers Google can afford. They used to be the best of the best few years ago but money rules this planet. If you have lots to spend you can build better stuff. Let alone if you have the name Google on your application. Even noobs know to download Chrome and also Google remind you with every action you do on their search engine to get Chrome.
Now Opera also tried getting everything from Chrome but i am not sure how that worked for them considering they sold the company. Probably not so great but don't quote me on that.
I really hope Firefox becomes a strong competitor to Chrome so they can both improve but i don't see it happening. Luckily Google seems to be pushing themselves to greater things without competition.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
They don't have the money and developers Google can afford. They used to be the best of the best few years ago but money rules this planet. If you have lots to spend you can build better stuff. Let alone if you have the name Google on your application. Even noobs know to download Chrome and also Google remind you with every action you do on their search engine to get Chrome.
Now Opera also tried getting everything from Chrome but i am not sure how that worked for them considering they sold the company. Probably not so great but don't quote me on that.
I really hope Firefox becomes a strong competitor to Chrome so they can both improve but i don't see it happening. Luckily Google seems to be pushing themselves to greater things without competition.
You need to remember where the large amount of chrome developers came from....thats right mozilla.
without firefox,chrome would not even exist.
Just thought this needed re-iterating.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
First they wanted to look like Chrome with their move to the Australis UI, then they more and more started copying Chrome, integrated extensions like pocket and removed them again, they also removed some great features and now they want to bring PPAPI to Firefox....
If you really want to be like Chrome, why not do it the easy way and just start forking Chromium Mozilla? You are building an updated Chrome-like browser on top of an outdated, slow and lagging gecko engine.
I don't understand the plans of Mozilla anymore. If they want to survive they should innovate and also improve background performance. All they do now is like repainting a rusted car, but forgetting to fix the broken engine.

Hadden

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
As an ex-Mozilla fan user (I still use it, but for legacy sites/plugins which doesn't work in Vivaldi).

But I really hope they manage to fix the UI (no australis, please, make it "yours"), the resource usage (tab-hogging with newer firefox is almost impossible XD), plugins and extensions area (ok for PPAPI support, but they'll still lose users which use it for its NPAPI support - and even that are planning to drop).
We'll see :) You can (maybe) do it =D

I was less fan - starting about 2 version which was way slower than previous mozilla products; well I don't like chrome too (too "exposed", too minimal, too.. chrome) :D

I don't think Mozilla will ever fork chromium, as it's like to trash all the work to firefox core - the Gecko.

But yes, should be heavily improved, even delaying new browser releases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.