Protect your Business from Ransomware (by Malwarebytes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Source: How to protect your business from ransomware

"Unfortunately, this trend in cybercrime is not going away.

Now here’s the bright side: As dangerous as ransomware can be, it’s not insurmountable. So instead of closing your eyes and praying it all goes away soon, take a look at this infographic to see what you can do to protect your business from this pervasive threat."

View PDF version

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Its crazy how much money it is to decrypt one computer. The school I used to go to probably can't even pay for one computer to be decrypted. :(
Thankfully I backup my important data and try to keep my computer from being exploited by using Malwarebytes and other reputable security software. I don't need adblock just use my common sense.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Should you pay the ransom?

FBI are trying to think like in a real life scenario where hostage crisis occur by follow the needs instead; however the result goes not very well if you accept the demands.

So in the case of ransom in PC, you use tools for removing them. Little research is your friend no matter if the ransomware is rated as sophisticated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.