Serious Discussion Protection recommendations for Windows & Android

stabo2855

Thread author
Jun 15, 2023
My AV protection is about to expire and I was thinking of changing. I want good protection but just didn't want to shell out a lot of money right now. Is there a way to protect my PC and Android for free or inexpensively, even if I had to use a couple of different services?

Thanks in advance,

Stacy B

Reactions: Back3

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I use F-Secure Safe with Simple Windows Hardening and Firewall Hardening. Choose a free antivirus like Avast with those two apps, and you'll be safe and secure.
For my mobile ( iPhone) I have installed NextDNS.
Hey same setup I'm using on my computer now, light and effective imo.
Don't use anything on my Android phone though, but I rarely download apps, less than 10 on my phone now, no social media either.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My AV protection is about to expire and I was thinking of changing. I want good protection but just didn't want to shell out a lot of money right now. Is there a way to protect my PC and Android for free or inexpensively, even if I had to use a couple of different services?

Thanks in advance,

Stacy B
Welcome, I recommend following the links below to create a new thread for each of your devices. It will provide members of this forum enough information to aid you to finding a replacement solution.

Please tell us are you using Windows 11, or an older version? What about your Android device? What AV solution are you currently using that is about to expire?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Get Bitdefender Total Security. It's a top-notch AV/AM. Supports 5 devices. Its web protection supports the most number of android browsers including supporting Ungoogled Chromium browser on Windows although not listed as a supported browser. I believe it suppprts chromium-based browsers, likely Brave too

Check out whether cheap discount still available here

Got mine recently and very happy with it for my Windows laptop and 2x android phones

😁

Last edited:

stabo2855

Thread author
Jun 15, 2023
I use F-Secure Safe with Simple Windows Hardening and Firewall Hardening. Choose a free antivirus like Avast with those two apps, and you'll be safe and secure.
For my mobile ( iPhone) I have installed NextDNS.
Thanks for the info

Reactions: Back3

stabo2855

Thread author
Jun 15, 2023
Get Bitdefender Total Security. It's a top-notch AV/AM. Supports 5 devices. Its web protection supports the most number of android browsers including supporting Ungoogled Chromium browser on Windows although not listed as a supported browser. I believe it suppprts chromium-based browsers, likely Brave too

Check out whether cheap discount still available here

Got mine recently and very happy with it for my Windows laptop and 2x android phones

😁
Thank you very much

stabo2855

Thread author
Jun 15, 2023
Welcome, I recommend following the links below to create a new thread for each of your devices. It will provide members of this forum enough information to aid you to finding a replacement solution.

Please tell us are you using Windows 11, or an older version? What about your Android device? What AV solution are you currently using that is about to expire?
I have an older PC but still works great. It's running Windows 10 home and I don't think can be upgraded to 11 and I'm okay with that. I'm currently using McAfee Total Protection. It covers 10 devices, so using it for all.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.