Other VPNs might claim they're secure, but few go through the lengths ProtonVPN does to keep your browsing information private. ProtonVPN uses only ultra-secure AES-256 encryption to mask your online movements, and it leverages Perfect Forward Secrecy to ensure your encrypted traffic can't be captured and decrypted later, even if the encryption key gets compromised. ProtonVPN is also Swiss-based and protected by some of the toughest privacy laws out there, so—unlike other VPNs in other countries—it won't be coerced into spying on its users.
- Protect your data w/ AES-256 encryption, Perfect Forward Secrecy & Secure Core Servers
- Ensure you're surfing on a secure connection w/ OpenVPN protocols
- Benefit from the strong legal protection of a Swiss-based VPN
- Get added security from DNS leak protection, kill switch & built-in Tor support
- Critical infrastructure is secured in former military bases & underground structures
Strict No Logging Policy!
- Mac OS 10.12 or later
- Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Android 4.4 or later
- Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Note: ProtonVPN for iOS is currently in development, but users can connect to ProtonVPN’s servers on iPhones or iPads via the OpenVPN Connect app. Click here for details.
- Length of access: 1 year
- Number of devices: 5
- Access options: web and mobile
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Updates included
- 112 servers in 15 countries
- 155 Gbps capacity
- Secure core servers
- Plus servers
- Secure streaming
- Tor servers
- DNS leak prevention
About the Developer
Our story began at CERN, where the web was born and where our founding team met. In 2014, on the 25th anniversary of the web, we built ProtonMail to make online privacy a reality again for millions of people around the world. The ProtonVPN project was born out of a need to better protect the activists and journalists that use ProtonMail. In the years since we began as a crowdfunded project, ProtonMail and ProtonVPN continue to be primarily supported by our community and developed with community input. When it comes to fighting for online security and privacy, we have a long track record. Whether it is challenging governments, educating the public, or training journalists, we're committed to staying on the front lines. We are scientists, engineers, and developers, and we care deeply about the future of the Internet. We're also experts in security and Internet technologies, and we're applying this expertise for the public good. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 15 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.