Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Get it from your internal updater

• Fixed
    • Fixed app startup crash
  • Added
    • Allow login to app without entering credentials after failed to login due to connectivity issues
  • Fixed
    • Fixed trial user crash on app start

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
How does this compare to Winscribe? I'm guessing it's much better judging by Proton email.

Reactions: bribon77

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Faster and no bandwidth limit! but miss up with Powershell! also has some detection in vt!
I have Winscribe paid so I don't get any limits. I am thinking about switching to Proton VPN though just because of their solid reputation with their email service. Are there any users that have used both Winscribe and Proton VPN who could tell me if it's worth switching to Proton VPN from Winscribe?

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I have Winscribe paid so I don't get any limits. I am thinking about switching to Proton VPN though just because of their solid reputation with their email service. Are there any users that have used both Winscribe and Proton VPN who could tell me if it's worth switching to Proton VPN from Winscribe?
I use both free versions so no complain.

I maybe wrong here

If you use the paid ProtonVPN and its paid Proton email service you have to use a single account for both services. Now, if you happen to forget to pay your ProtonVPN your account will be suspended and this will means you have no access to your Proton emails too

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I use both free versions so no complain.

I maybe wrong here

If you use the paid ProtonVPN and its paid Proton email service you have to use a single account for both services. Now, if you happen to forget to pay your ProtonVPN your account will be suspended and this will means you have no access to your Proton emails too
Thank you for the detailed reply. Much appreciated

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I don't know about this but the version 1.2 has some:
VirusTotal
Btw Proton(paid)provide you more protection than Windscribe(secure core and tor servers)
Secure Core is just another fancy name for double-hop VPN. Windscribe also has it but is implemented differently. It needs the desktop app and the browser to do the double-hop.

Also, Windscribe has more servers in more countries as compared to ProtonVPN.

As for Tor you can just run Tor browser will do after all any connection through it will slow the internet speed. If you connect a VPN to Tor it slows your internet speed even further

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.