PUBG Mobile arrives on Intel-powered Chromebooks

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There are some issues still in play on Chromebooks.
First is the lack of proper mouse/keyboard support. WASD works for general direction, but mouse support is lacking and there aren’t mappable keys for other things. Basically, without a touch screen, you can’t play this game on your Chromebook.

Hopefully they are going to finally decide to allow controllers in the future as well. Just that addition would make the whole lack of mouse/keyboard support a bit easier to swallow. However, as the focus of this game is mobile, I’m not holding my breath for extended controller support. If it shows up great, but I’m not expecting it.

Second, the graphics support is half-baked right now. In the app, you have the ability to choose between low, medium and high quality graphics. On my Pixelbook (7th-gen Core i5), the game defaulted to low and wouldn’t allow any setting over medium. Even at that lower setting, frame rates are just decent and not the silky-smooth experience I get on my Pixel 2 XL.

Some of this is to be expected. I highly doubt they are leveraging the processor and GPU on Chromebooks to the fullest extent just yet. The game runs and is playable, but the graphics leave a bit to be desired at this point.

Last, the gyroscope support is very wonky. It was turning left as I tilted up, right as I went down, and left/right were moving on a diagonal. It was very strange, but again I’m unsure that all the hardware items are getting utilized properly here.
I fully expect for this to get ironed out in future updates.

Video:
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh_1IBGWG_8

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.