Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/purshu_pros-new-rig-2016.62818/

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Looks good and solid. You should keep all the settings in eset as default. If you want to install any password manager, why not try 'sticky password v.6 free' its live in giveaway thread.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Looks good and solid. You should keep all the settings in eset as default. If you want to install any password manager, why not try 'sticky password v.6 free' its live in giveaway thread.
Eset on default is good, but it is better to tweak certain settings especially it's HIPS configuration!;)

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Eset on default is good, but it is better to tweak certain settings especially it's HIPS configuration!;)
I'd done it before seeing the tutorial from this forum but got alert every now and then while surfing the net i.e Google site, Gmail and also other trusted sites were warned that this connection is untrusted or some ess certificate is needed to view these site etc.. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the ESET SS7 and everything went normal. That is why I said keep all the setting to its default sate.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Nice config, but you could add a password manager like LastPass. :)
not necessary because i have all in my brain. If i want to store so I just store some in firefox and i dont trust 3rd party password manager and dont want my passwors or login credentials to be exposed to some applications like lastpass, keypass, whatever., i feel firefox itself has good password management inside. I'm using it from past 2 years.:D

Reactions: Logethica

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
not necessary because i have all in my brain. If i want to store so I just store some in firefox and i dont trust 3rd party password manager and dont want my passwors or login credentials to be exposed to some applications like lastpass, keypass, whatever., i feel firefox itself has good password management inside. I'm using it from past 2 years.:D
You should keep all the settings in eset as default.
well i have tweaked some but not all, i have just dissabled the option of Runtime Packers, In IDS and advanced option i have dissabled 'advanced PCAP logging' because it was generating lot of allerts, then i have switched back firewall to automatic rules, HIPS to learning mode.

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Agree with guys above, if you need some password manager to create strong unbreakable passwords you could try LastPass, and if you can not afford external HDD, and your internet speed allows you to, you can always store important data on some cloud storage and for more security you can encrypt them.
+1 for JDownloader ;)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
and your internet speed allows you to, you can always store important data on some cloud storage and for more security you can encrypt them
Yeah thats right, I use Skydrive and Google Drive to store my files, thats more than enough, because i just store my documents not media stuffs. Media stuff are always available in the wire!;)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Switched to Bitdefender Internet security( Because subscription days remain),
Added Iobit Uninstaller

Reactions: Logethica

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I'd done it before seeing the tutorial from this forum but got alert every now and then while surfing the net i.e Google site, Gmail and also other trusted sites were warned that this connection is untrusted or some ess certificate is needed to view these site etc.. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the ESET SS7 and everything went normal. That is why I said keep all the setting to its default sate.
coz u installed ESET root certificate which checks SSl certificates. U need to disable it coz it's annoying sometimes.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
How can I disable it? and when did I enable it?
In ESET advance settings, check under protocol filtering -> SSl -> tick on " do not scan SSL protocol " then go to certificate -> untick " add the root certificate to unknown browsers " & u done. I don't know when u enable it :rolleyes: U r the one who said u watched tutorial of ESET maximum settings from this forum & u tweaked it, so that time i guess u enabled it :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.