Aug 3, 2013
Aspire-5_main.png

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Intel Core i5-8250U 8th Gen Processor >> latest quad core generation: thats the right choice. They have much more performance (compared with the old dual core series)

antiglare display >> IMO better than glare displays: good choice

4 GB DDR4 >> IMO sooner or later you should upgrade to 8GB RAM: most people here in europe on popular computer boards are recommending 8GB RAM.

Last edited:

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
...running machines with only 4 GB RAM and an integrated graphics card could be a problem:

Ram 4Gb. What shd be my shared graphics memory? Intel hd graphics 620.

Windows generally allocates RAM based what Windows itself needs as well as any programs that is currently running. I think at most Windows can allocate 1.4GB to Intel HD graphics, but that is only if there is 8GB (or more) of RAM installed and if there is enough available free RAM.

4GB is not much to begin with. I have friend who played the Sims 3 on a laptop with only 4GB of RAM at 1366x768 using the Intel HD 4000. He complained that once in a while the game would crash and he did not save the for a few hours. The game was crashing basically because Windows was running of available RAM. I told him to upgrade to 8GB and to save more often. Since upgrading to 8GB of RAM he no longer complained about the game crashing.

and

Intel HD graphics 620 implies it will be using the integrated graphics from the CPU, the 7th gen kaby lake processor most likely. This will be taken from your system memory (the 4GB of ram), but it usually is dynamic and doesn't stay as a set amount. It will increase or decrease, using more or less ram, depending on what tasks you throw at it.

EDIT___
could also be interesting:
source (howtogeek.com): How to Improve Gaming Performance with Intel HD Graphics Chips

Last edited:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Intel Core i5-8250U 8th Gen Processor >> latest quad core generation: thats the right choice. They have much more performance (compared with the old dual core series)

antiglare display >> IMO better than glare displays: good choice

4 GB DDR4 >> IMO sooner or later you should upgrade to 8GB RAM: most people here in europe on popular computer boards are recommending 8GB RAM.
Yes, the processor performance is great according to benchmarks, hence that influenced me to choose this laptop.
I have a planned upgrade for 8 GB so the overall system runs on 12 GB.:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.