Mozilla Firefox, Chrome

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
honor_9lite_face_unlock-1920x885.jpg
I got this Phone under a steal deal from Flipkart.com for about INR 8999 .
I have to say this is my first android device and it feels a little big on my hands, no doubt I would be using this as my primary phone for some while until I get my hands on the SONY Experia XA2.

Hi, since this is my first Android phone I am getting used to Android Platform and requires more experience to update with new Apps. So as of now I limit my config as a temporary and take some time to update with my finalized setup.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
with the information it provides, it is safe. not quite, just the vpn and ad protection
Thank you.
AdGuard when run, creates its own VPN for blocking ads. Since I dont watch any TV series or Movies on my cellphone which is telecast beyond our access rights which is made from our country, I am happy to be without a VPN connection on my phone.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you ever find Adguard draining your battery, blokada.org is a Free and Open-source alternative with custom Blacklist/Whitelists and list of Secure DNS'. Runs as local VPN to block Ads, so cannot be used with another VPN app.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
If you ever find Adguard draining your battery, blokada.org is a Free and Open-source alternative with custom Blacklist/Whitelists and list of Secure DNS'. Runs as local VPN to block Ads, so cannot be used with another VPN app.
Cool, I will give it a try if I have any issues with the present app. But still I don't like the notifications shown by my phone which annoys me makes me forcefully disable the app and forget to restart it again.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The notification from Honor UI stating that Adguard might be consuming more battery.
Disable Adguard for Android and give Blokada a try, and you'll be surprised to see no battery notifications by the System UI.

Blokada has a permanent notification (to prevent Android disabling it) which displays number of blocked items and last blocked address. Tapping on the notification opens the app.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Blokada is amazing, no more YouTube ads I have to go through! Thanks for the tip, @Spawn!

~LDogg

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I would just add Zemana Free for Android. However you have also Google Play Protect, don't you? :)
Which phone did you have before this?

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I would just add Zemana Free for Android. However you have also Google Play Protect, don't you? :)
Which phone did you have before this?
iPhone SE for just about 8 months. The screen was too small and I started feeling uncomfortable, hence sold it. I really loved my Lumia 730, if it only had 4G and continuation of support, I wouldn't have made the switch.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.