Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Some AV testing labs show that they are testing a IS ver 5, they either got the name wrongly and are testing on the TS ver 5 or they have a version that is not out to public yet.

Reactions: Jack Sparoow

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
They're testing 360 Internet Security.. Just the chinese version, I think.
Oh yeah you are absolutely right, I just checked a screen grab from AV Test and it shows the chinese version of it. They also link back to the chinese website. But it would seem that they are using the same engines as the english version, QVM II and the cloud engine with the optional Avira and Bitdefender engines.

breathejustice

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
Some AV testing labs show that they are testing a IS ver 5, they either got the name wrongly and are testing on the TS ver 5 or they have a version that is not out to public yet.

AV-comparatives hae tested using Chinese version of 360 IS.
So, the version number is different from 4.9.xxxxx

MobilePCTech

Oct 20, 2014
This was just posted from another forum so I will re-post here

From Qihoo: "we will still keep to support and update 360 Internet Security.
Currently, there's only updates on the virus database. The update to the application will be released soon in the near future.
Please stay tuned. Thanks for your attention and support to us.
"

So it's not going to be killed off anytime soon :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.