Status
Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
There is one thing that I can agree here. Most tests should be conducted at default settings.

This is because an antivirus is meant more for the newbies than for the experienced. The reason is that, it's actually the former who benefits more from it rather than the latter. Because experienced people doesn't go to shady sites often, they are careful while running bundled installers, they disable auto-play functionality for external drives, and are more knowledgeable in matters related to these. The newbies are the one's that rely on lab tests to choose the antivirus that are rated top, on the other hand, the experienced chooses one that suits them best.

An antivirus should be good at it's default settings and at the same time offer possibilities for customization for the experienced. After all is said and done, I still use Qihoo 360 and happy with it.

Last edited:

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
An antivirus should be good at it's default settings and at the same time offer possibilities for customization for the experienced. After all is said and done, I still use Qihoo 360 and happy with it.

I fully agree. A good security program should provide sound default protection for novices. This protection must require minimum input from the user. Meanwhile advanced users must have opportunity to tailor the program up to their preferences.

360TS is close to this state.

Reactions: nikos200

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well all of majority test are indeed on default settings and we can see that Qihoo manage very well.

Actually it is all about the good performance on providing analysis by an AV hence no matter if the settings is altered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.