Pros
  • Geat Detection, Nice Interface, Light
CONS
R.A.S

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
360TS has the right click scan feature now. If you want Bitdefender and Avira realtime you have to switch to the security profile.

Reactions: Manzai

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
The only question I have is : why in this universe would a business co. offer a complete suit for free. They aren't a charitable organization as far as my knowledge goes.o_O

Reactions: YogiTek

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
The only question I have is : why in this universe would a business co. offer a complete suit for free. They aren't a charitable organization as far as my knowledge goes.o_O
Most of their revenue comes from search engine and what not. Similar to comodo which makes it's money via security certificates.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
What I see: Total Security is not a beta anymore. And Total Security will replace Internet Security, probably sooner rather than later. Considering TS came out of beta quite fast, whereas IS is still stuck with the same first beta version which can't even be found on their website, I'd bet there won't be a new IS version, and 5 won't come out of beta.

Reactions: Manzai

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Train- As KJ correctly stated, Qihoo derives their company revenue from other sources (Ads, gaming, etc); they use the Security product as a loss leader. As the company has a current valuation of a bit over 10 billion USD with over 1 billion in cash, and an annual revenue increase of about 115%, they certainly know what they are doing.

Look at it like Google giving Android away freely.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I used about 3 days ago the 360TS, I found pretty cool, but I had the problem that Avira and BitDefender engines do not update. I was very disappointed with it, I had to go back to Eset. Wait for it pack up :)
Same like Baidu? Baidu Avira engine also get updates late. Using mutiple engines in a AV won't make it cool coz either their secondary engines will get latest virus definition updates lately & maybe it's using older version of bitdefender & avira engines. Also using bitdefender & Avira engines will make it a bit heavier if it runs in real time. Using Avira engine won't give a big surprise, as u can see in virus exchange, 360 IS get same results like 360 TS. 360 IS proactive defense or say 0 day malware protection was not good in it earlier version but when it released 4.8 version it did improved it & if they didn't improved 360 IS further more specially on webshield/url protection then i don't think it's a good idea . 360 IS still lack something which they need to improve rather then announcing a new product including Avira engine in which right click context menu scan is not included, which is disappointing.

Last edited:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
No disrespect intended Koroke San but is 360 TS a new product? Then why are you going all crazy on something that will surely evolve,& surely shut you down,humble your self my friend,because in time u'll see that action speak louder than words.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
No disrespect intended Koroke San but is 360 TS a new product? Then why are you going all crazy on something that will surely evolve,& surely shut you down,humble your self my friend,because in time u'll see that action speak louder than words.:rolleyes:
When time come we'll see that which is better but for now it's better to stick with 360 IS which I stated here before coz 360 TS isn't a mature product. It's lacks firewall, webshield, sandbox (which is present in 360 IS), no scheduled scans like features which needed to complete a ' total security ' product plus having bitdefender & Avira engine will increase false positive rate. Avira engine won't give any success rate to Baidu compare to qihoo. Chinese version of 360 Internet security is far mature & better then english version of 360 IS & TS also included many features. thnx :)

Last edited by a moderator:

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
1-what is the sequence of engines while scanning?(maybe the threat is detected by two or three engines,how the threat is presented on that case,for example Avira finds it as a trojan,Bit calls it a PUP,when the alert comes up,how the threat is presented i the notification?)
2-Does Qihoo use Avira and Bit. database to improve its own engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.