App Review Qihoo Total Security- a Mechanistic Protection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Please note two things:

1). I didn't make it clear in the concluding comments that the random ransom text boxes were from Unlock92h and not Exotic.
2). I didn't point that Qihoo Cloud caught 3 of the malware samples in the absence of local (on-demand) definition detection.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Did you guys notice the Avira and Bitdefender engines were off? I guess that could be kind to reassuring to those who may have read that the 360 native defs are weak. However, I wonder how much of this successful test was HIPS? Good to see Qihoo pass this kind of test...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.