App Review Qihoo Total Security Revisited

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Last month it was found that Qihoo TS did not do so well in protecting the system at boot. As I did have some discussion with Q about this and a new build was released a short time ago, (and before proceeding to check the Startup protection of some other products) I just wanted to revisit this topic to determine if any changes were made.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Good to see users protected at the best price, only thing I can point out is they should add alerts for those bootime payloads like BD.
Waiting for other heavyweights to be tested soon..

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Awesome news cruelsister! Thank you for highlighting this spot and contacting them, and thanks to Qihoo, who continues to revolve with its users and feedbacks :) Also glad to see QTS is doing great, without Avira and BD engines. (as long as we're online)

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
Thanks again for sharing these important videos with us.
As far as I know there isn't any antivirus that protecting the start up folder or registry but the chines like qihoo and ten cent
All the other big names like eset avast avira avg mse do not have this option

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.