Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi has anyone ever used qihoo360 with just 1 engine and what were the results compared to 3 engines for finding viruses,malware etc? I ask this because when I used to use it I found it a resourse hog at around 160-200 megs ram. I also found Bitdefender engine to have trouble updating ,so maybe 1 engine is enough .Thks

Reactions: done

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Many users in this forum that use Qihoo use the cloud engine only, as you said it saves RAM and overall resources. On top of that it is probably the most complete database between the 3 engines. If you compare online and offline tests for Qihoo, you'd see that most of it's detections actually come from the cloud engine.

So to answer your question yes one engine provides a strong enough detection for you.

Reactions: done and Sven

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Thks for all replies anyone have a direct download for total is 360 The one from cnet is taking over an hour.Thks again

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I download from 360safe . I recommend 360 TSE unless you want a bunch of extras that 360 Total Security offers. Bitdefender runs a day later than Avira. My sys is light & I can run both with no problem.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I am trying 360TS now with only extra Avira at about 26megs ram used , i find though it slows some web pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.