Qq-malware or safe?

LKJ55

Thread author
Nov 2, 2013
Hi guys <3

(first post =w=)

So I want to know if QQ is a dangerous application and how I can uninstall it. On the 6th, my dad installed QQ and a bunch of other chinese programs. Immediately I noticed extreme lag and decided to run a full system can. Today I have finished the scan and it has found 3 backdoors. Restarted the PC and now considerably lag-less. Any tips/info about QQ and Tencent products would be appreciated. Also tips on how to explain to my dad why downloading QQ was a bad idea would be nice too. Thanks for reading and if this is in the wrong section then sorry :p

LKJ55

Thread author
Nov 2, 2013
I couldnt find the reports for MB...but there's this report. :p

Attachments

• aswMBR.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 90
D

Deleted member 178

QQ are a range of softwares (instant messenger, video players, etc...) by definition they are not malwares but like many asian softwares they are bundled but lot of crap like toolbars, addons, etc...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.