Assigned Question about AntiLogger Software

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
Win10 is being accused of spying on what we type.

So if I use an AntiLogger Software like Zemana, can Windows still record the original keystrokes or not?

Edit:
I read in Zemana AntiLogger website that it "Encrypts keystrokes".

So my question is can Windows still read the original keystrokes or it can read only the encrypted keystrokes?

Last edited:
L

LabZero

No, I don't think so because the behavior is not comparable to a malware and Zemana recognizes Windows.
Let us not forget, however, that all versions of Windows have features regarding your privacy.
Even Windows 98 had privacy issues with Internet Explorer...

The difference is that with Windows 10, Microsoft unashamedly admits this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sloth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2015

So my question is can Windows still read the original keystrokes or it can read only the encrypted keystrokes?

Updated OP.

Reactions: iIda15 and Overkill

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Win10 is being accused of spying on what we type.

So if I use an AntiLogger Software like Zemana, can Windows still record the original keystrokes or not?

Edit:

That is a good question, i would like to know as well.

L

LabZero

Updated OP.
Zemana for contractual conditions may not recognize Windows as malware.

Sloth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
Zemana for contractual conditions may not recognize Windows as malware.

I can understand what you are saying. Zemana won't consider Windows services as malware.

But I think you don't understand my question. Ill rephrase my questions,

Can Windows services record the original keystrokes if I use Zemana AntiLogger which encryptes keystrokes by default (irrespective of whether a malware is detected or not).

L

LabZero

I can understand what you are saying. Zemana won't consider Windows services as malware.

Can Windows services record the original keystrokes if I use Zemana AntiLogger which encryptes keystrokes by default (irrespective of whether a malware is detected or not).
I understand your question but for me Zemana AntiLogger can't encryptes Windows keystrokes if there is not a real keylogger.

Reactions: frogboy

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014

Under normal circumstances windows should not be able to read what you have actually typed since zenama installs its own driver and services...

Edit: Someone can correct me if i am wrong since i don't know how zenama exactly works. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Under normal circumstances windows should not be able to read what you have actually typed since zenama installs its own driver and services...

Edit: Someone can correct me if i am wrong since i don't know how zenama exactly works. :p[/QUOTE
I am giving KeyScrambler a go at the moment.

Reactions: Kent and Razor555

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013

Good question, Sloth. How Zemana regards Windows should be irrelevant to this, because the encryption feature of Zemana is supposed to be on all the time and to have nothing to do with whether Zemana has any whiff of malware. I think it would be good to pose the question in a Zemana forum if nobody here can answer it definitively. I would guess Zemana should be thwarting Windows' keylogging.

Spy Shelter's pro version also encrypts everything you type, but I don't believe its free version does. You can also get encryption as far as browser-related typing goes from the ZenMate extension, available for Opera and the Gecko and Chromium families.

Reactions: Sloth and frogboy
L

LabZero

I'll try to explain better.

Mine is not a technique motivation because technically Zemana crypt everything you type on the keyboard and a possible keylogger would just useless data.
Windows 10 apparently reads and sends what you type on the keyboard.
Microsoft knows that there are software such as Zemana Antilogger that could cancel this data collection and gain.
Definitely agreements were made to prevent this from happening.
Let us not forget that in defrag.exe of older versions of Windows was a Backdoor obviously never detected by any AV and it is disturbing to know that the source is The register ...

Reactions: Sloth and frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I'll try to explain better.

Mine is not a technique motivation because technically Zemana crypt everything you type on the keyboard and a possible keylogger would just useless data.
Windows 10 apparently reads and sends what you type on the keyboard.
Microsoft knows that there are software such as Zemana Antilogger that could cancel this data collection and gain.
Definitely agreements were made to prevent this from happening.
Let us not forget that in defrag.exe of older versions of Windows was a Backdoor obviously never detected by any AV and it is disturbing to know that the source is The register ...
So Zemana did a deal with Microsoft so it still gets the information unencrypted is that right?

Reactions: scot and LabZero
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.