Advice Request Question about backup Macriun Reflect,

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well, the problem is this, I have a friend who has a Dual Core with a Ram DDR 800. System W7 and has bought an i3 with DDR 3. If I make a copy. to the previous PC and after formatting the i3 with W7, would the copy work?
I would use the same GPU and the same disk.
Thank you.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I'd vouch for a clean install of everything. One could take over data, but a clean install is the best (and in my opinion the only) way to go in this situation. Acronis True Image may get the job done; however, save some time and do a clean install and only take over raw data that you know is good. @bribon77

~Brian

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
A bit late to the question. Macrium Reflect do support restore to dissimilar hardware as mentioned but not the free version. Most backup solutions does support the feature nowday as it actually works. It was more of an issue about 10 years ago when one was forced to use server versions.

Re-deploying Windows to new hardware using Macrium ReDeploy
EZCeIkCn_o.png

Would I recommend it? Sure why not as normaly almost anyone can fast and easy confirm a restore with built-in confirmation tools/feature or simply test it. Otherwise just do a fresh and clean installation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.