Advice Request question about TOR

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaubojus

Thread author
Apr 22, 2018
Hello,
i want ask its possible with TOR login in this IP adress?
IP 76.168.105.53

i need only this ip to login in 1 website..

D

Deleted member 65228

No, you cannot just change your IP address to a specific one otherwise the security of the internet would be broken and the internet wouldn't even work; your IP (Internet Protocol) Address is assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and is an identification of your network, and is used for you to receive back data from network requests... Otherwise it'd be unknown on where to send back the data.

When you use the Tor network, it acts like multiple VPNs combined together. A VPN (Virtual Private Network) works by re-routing the network requests to another server which is owned by the VPN service, and thus the IP address which the destination receives will be the IP of the network the VPN server is using. This is why people are able to use VPN to trick websites into believing they are situated in another country.

The Tor network works by re-routing requests through a variety of different servers, I believe it actually uses other clients systems as the server but I could be wrong. Either way, it sends your requests through other destinations which in turn will end up making the actual request you would've originally done from your own network, and this data is given back to you. This prevents the actual destination from knowing your IP address, it'll know the IP address of whatever server made the request in the end.

You cannot do what you want to do unless you're the luckiest man on earth and somehow manage to get that IP address assigned, and the chance of that isn't even known. IP addresses are dished out randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.