If you decide to stick with Microsoft Defender, take a look at this tool and read the info carefully. Maybe it gives you more peace of mind:Detection and protection Microsoft Defender is good?
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
If you decide to stick with Microsoft Defender, take a look at this tool and read the info carefully. Maybe it gives you more peace of mind:Detection and protection Microsoft Defender is good?
It is hard to achieve, that is why Windows re-install is the safest option.In my case, is it possible to find out when this malware was removed from my PC and stopped operations? Could this DLL be the initializer activating this malware? dll not detected kaspersky free more detected by Defender
Seems the OP is having doubts with his system. This reinstall might give him peace of mind. Just use Media Creation Tool. Easier and safer.It is hard to achieve, that is why Windows re-install is the safest option.
Yes, you need to scan your entire PC and even your external hard drive to make sure that your PC and external hard drive are free of threats. Please follow the instructions provided by the members here in the forum to remove the malware, otherwise nothing will work. If you prefer, you can create a thread here. Windows Malware Removal Help & Support . Deleting just one .DLL does not mean that you have successfully removed this malware from your computer. There may be remnants in the Windows registry or malware remaining on your PC that only a dedicated tool can remove, as @Trident suggested above.How do I find out if my personal files on my Windows PC have not been changed, deleted, or corrupted by this malware? It has already been deleted by Defender, so I can't scan it again.
Check your user folders (Documents, Pictures, etc.) If there are encrypted files, then the malicious DLL has corrupted them, if they open normally, and you can view them, then the malicious DLL has not touched them.I don't see the need to reinstall Windows because I cleaned it with Microsoft Defender. The question is whether this malware DLL found by Defender in this photo folder is malware that corrupts, modifies, and deletes the personal files I downloaded in 2025 and copied to the external hard drive. I used Kaspersky Free until two weeks ago, and it didn't detect anything in the full scan. Then I downloaded the files without malware and copied them to the external hard drive. Then I uninstalled Kaspersky Free and activated Defender. I ran a full scan and found this malware. I removed it.
I'm just going to leave this here.I don't see the need to reinstall Windows because I cleaned it with Microsoft Defender. The question is whether this malware DLL found by Defender in this photo folder is malware that corrupts, modifies, and deletes the personal files I downloaded in 2025 and copied to the external hard drive. I used Kaspersky Free until two weeks ago, and it didn't detect anything in the full scan. Then I downloaded the files without malware and copied them to the external hard drive. Then I uninstalled Kaspersky Free and activated Defender. I ran a full scan and found this malware. I removed it.
These cases of anti-viruses not detecting files happen.What is the truth for my case? This type of Trojan is personal files and why Kaspersky Free did not detect this DLL and Defender detected it and what is the situation of malware activated or deactivated when the Defender scan detected it
To help understand the communication breakdown, can you confirm if you are a person, using translation software, or if you're not seeing previous messages?Many times when I downloaded a contaminated file, my Kaspersky Free would issue a malware alert. I would manually quarantine and delete it. I would keep its settings at default or improve them with an internet tutorial. I have already removed many malware with it. In this case, only this DLL remained on my Windows 10, and only Defender said it was a Trojan, but I don't know if it was operating by damaging the file system, corrupting, deleting, and modifying files. Every Trojan has the same behavior of invading and controlling the machine to make malicious changes. If I had known before, I wouldn't have uninstalled Kaspersky Free and looked for logs.
Can the Virus Total DLL test show any information about when this malware was removed and whether the malware was active or inactive when the DLL was found by Defender?
I don't know how to download the Virus Total test log.
Friend i use translate software portuguese for englishTo help understand the communication breakdown, can you confirm if you are a person, using translation software, or if you're not seeing previous messages?
Please translate this post.Friend i use translate software portuguese for english
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes