Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I am looking online to find a way to import my FW settings "rules" to Avast Endpoint
From what I can find I don't see any option to do this, is this accurate or am I missing something ?
I have exported my MS FW rules to Documents, and have been searching for the Import "how to"
and come up empty handed. Before giving up I thought I would ask around here seeing Avast is quite popular.
I'm running Avast Endpoint Protection Suite Plus
I run quite a few custom rules for gaming that I am dreading re-creating but I will if I have to.
Thanks for any helpful input.
PeAcE
I found this -> Avast FAQ | Avast 2016: Setting up firewall application rules
and see it just does not address the issue, that I can see anyway. I wish they would say flat out can or can't do it. :(

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I think i am missing something but are you asking if you can import WIndows firewall rules to Avast Endpoint?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I think i am missing something but are you asking if you can import WIndows firewall rules to Avast Endpoint?
Yes I am SHvFI, I have quite a few custom rules for some gaming servers, and it would save me time if I could Import them
to Avast Firewall I have already exported them to my documents from MS Firewall, I can not see an option to import rules from within Avast's Firewall. But seeing I am not familiar with this and the content online is sparse,
I thought of asking here.

Reactions: DardiM and SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
But you shouldn't be able to do it. I don't use Avast Endpoint but it must have it's own firewall. Which means you can't import rules because it's a different program with different format. I would bet you would have to recreate the rules but wait for an Avast Endpoint user to confirm i guess.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
But you shouldn't be able to do it. I don't use Avast Endpoint but it must have it's own firewall. Which means you can't import rules because it's a different program with different format. I would bet you would have to recreate the rules but wait for an Avast Endpoint user to confirm i guess.
I'm pretty sure your right seeing the lack of content addressing the issue, I could have my friend submit a ticket seeing hes the purchaser but
I don't want to waste his time so I went looking on my own. At this point I will assume its not doable and start re-creating my custom rules.
Its gonna be a long day lol

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I'm pretty sure your right seeing the lack of content addressing the issue, I could have my friend submit a ticket seeing hes the purchaser but
I don't want to waste his time so I went looking on my own. At this point I will assume its not doable and start re-creating my custom rules.
Its gonna be a long day lol
The burden of using a new product. At least you have the rules so you just need to recreate and not figure them out.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Agreed, and I have the time to do it so I just need the drive :)
Some firewalls will import rules from MS, I thought that Avast would be
one of those. Well I better get to it.
Thanks SHvFI :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.