Questions about different Security Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,;)

> SandBoxie still having problems with flash player with CyberFox?
> Malwarebtyes Anti-malware having problems starting Emsisoft?
> And do any SandBoxie & Malwarebtyes have problems with AppGuard?
> Are their any know problems with Shadow Defender lately?

Kind regards,:)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Moose!
In response to 2 of your questions,
  • "> SandBoxie still having problems with flash player with CyberFox?"
I have noticed, while using Cyberfox, sometimes the browsing session closes. This does not always happen, and I had not considered my playing flash games could be the cause until now.
Similarly, when using Chrome, I'll sleep or hibernate the system. When I return, and try to resume I sometimes have the Sandboxie announcement which sometimes ends in the browser (both are portable versions) crashing. If I do not delete the sandbox, sometimes I may even continue to be logged onto LastPass. This has reminded me of the importance of logging off before powering down or alternately going to stand by.
  • "> Are their any know problems with Shadow Defender lately?"
Except for slower start ups & shut downs, there seem to be no problems between Sandboxie & the Shadow Defender while in it's "Shadow Mode" element. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Moose

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,;)

Just as I thought the problem was with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Exploit.
Also, uninstall Flash Player. YouTube still work with CyberFox. There may one extra step
just click!
Also, SandBoxie is working well now.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Salutations,;)

Just as I thought the problem was with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Exploit.
Also, uninstall Flash Player. YouTube still work with CyberFox. There may one extra step
just click!
Also, SandBoxie is working well now.

I'm pleased you narrowed down the problem.:cool: I want to ask, was the problem specifically connected to both Malwarebytes & Flash player preventing Cyberfox from accessing youtube or something else??o_O
Thanks.:)

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Yes! Just CyberFox crashing when watching YouTube from time to time. Do to the Flasher Player and Malwarebtyes.
Especially, the Flash Player!

Also, Malwarebtyes causing problems with SandBoxie.
Run CCleaner after each UN-install and restart the PC.

Kind regards,;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.