Questions for you smarties!

SkyboundSteven

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 30, 2014
Alright, since so many things has changed since I was gone, so...

1. Where do I report malicious URLs? I have plenty of (possibly) malicious advertisement pages (two of them are reported)
2. I am quite sure you can't use, for example, OllyDbg2 on a URL. How do I make a report for those? I am confused. I managed to grab some fake Java installers (classic...) from one of the advertisement pages, though.
3. Butter or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter?
4. Are you interested in reversing a set of encoded/encrypted messages?
5. What was your first ever computer? (Mine was Pentium 4)
6. What could be the best way to find fake URLs, like goagle.com? Some domains has been purchased by respective companies to prevent phishing attempts, though. (Like fcaebook.com, which goes straight to facebook.com instead)
7. Can you spot the error in this sentnece?
8. NSIS or InstallShield?
9. Steam or Console?
10. VLC or MPlayer?
11. Foobar2000 or WinAmp or VLC?
12. Reports say IDN Homograph Attacks are dangerous. Do you know why?
13. What is your best operating system?
14. Can Microsoft's aggressive Windows 10 marketing be justified?
15. Windows XP or Windows Vista?
16. You know the Trolley Problem, right? What's your answer to that? (answer Harambe Trolley Problem too, if you want)

exCode

Level 3
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
3. Butter
4. Yeah, I like doing stuff like that relating to ARGs
5. An acer laptop that kept overheating.
7. Yse.
10. VLC
11. VLC
13. VLC jk Windows is the best for compatibility
14. I think so. MS is trying to cover up the mistakes of Windows 8/8.1 so making everyone upgrade might not be a bad idea. The way they pulled it off, though, was a bit too much. Luckily my PC never automatically upgraded.
15. XP is pretty good, but not because I don't like Vista. Vista was just too power hungry at the time. Now, though, Vista would be good if it just got released.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.