App Review Quick Heal Internet Security Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Average Leo's fan:

3C5O4o0.png

"Microsoft Windows" is now PUP :emoji_cold_sweat:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Quick heal is not that worst as many think
Proactive modules seem to respond a lot better than previous versions though a lot more training is required
This test again reminds me how foolish and blind professional av testing authorities are with mind bloggling ratings
Seem to be QUITE expensive av from my region..Costlier than most of its competitors..)

I wonder why they don't integrate their TOTAL Security core modules to all their variants
Their total security with dual engines would be quite interesting to stack up in this test

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Their total security with dual engines would be quite interesting to stack up in this test
Does not make much difference, as the signatures are updated only a few times a day (not much better than Q360, which updates once a day? - please correct me if I'm wrong, Q360 homepage is currently dead).
QH own signatures are pretty weak, and even after one or two days, many samples in the pack will still not be known to the signatures.

The proactive modules (like the BB - Quick Heal Advanced Behavior Based Malware Detection System - and also the Anti-Keylogger - off by default for no apparent reason - very good actually) will cover many threats, but still failed to prevent infections.
  • Strong against Process Hollowing
  • Main weaknesses: Java RATs (Adwind), Scriptor Malware (jse, js, wsf,...), ransomware (some is detected by the Anti-Ransomware module or even before by the BB, but I have also seen gone trough, finally stopped by the BB because of mass file altering, but who is helped if tons of files are already affected).
Their integrated second opinion scanner still has plenty room for improvement.
Will find alterations by above mentioned Java RATs, but will still fail to roll back all changes.
Running processes, AutoRuns, scriptor malware however have not been detected.

Not sure if I can pick the product up again, last time I tried it my lic was locked for no reason (maybe I reset my system to often).

Jan.PNGFeb.PNGMar.PNGApril.PNG

EDIT: Those tests were conducted with tweaked settings!
Scan Mode "Advanced": Scan all files, delete on detection
AdvanceDNAScan Behavior detection level: High
Anti-Keylogger turned on
Firewall Advanced Settings: Firewall level: High

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Agreed with you..but they did improved their pro active shields to the most part
Their threat labs are like school time.. 10am to 6:30pm..known from their live chat
They seem to be heavily dependent at web protection part than detection which is ok
and bit defender nimbus cloud always does a fantastic jo
b

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
Seem to be QUITE expensive av from my region..Costlier than most of its competitors..)
Yeah Quick heal is more costlier than most of its competitors, huge price differences in bitdefender TS and Quick heal TS. Ecommerce is selling both products in cheap as compare with their official websites.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.