App Review Quick Look at Bitcasa Infinite Drive (MalwareSecurity)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
In this video, I will take a look at Bitcasa. When it comes to back up software's, bitcasa is a great choice. Also, when it comes to back up softwares, I am an average user just like you guys, so that means I might miss some important facts about it. I just wanted to make a video about it because its awesome so far.

If you want to know more about it, the video is a full Interview with CEO and full detail what the software is:
Its different from other back up software's (Video is a little old and not made by me)

Reactions: Deleted member 178

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Went you scan with your antivirus? Is the scan twice as long Bitcasa?
If you backup your PC! How long it take to restore the PC with Bitcasa?
Light on the PC system and/or Heavy?

Kind regards!

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013

Kind regards!
I am not sure how long it takes to restore with bitcasa. I have not experienced any slow downs, its really light. Can you explain the first 2 questions because I don't understand...sorry.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013

Kind regards!

heres a blog on recover deleted files or restore files. The great thing is that you don't restore it. As long as bitcasa is installed on your PC and backs up your files, all you do is install bitcasa into new PC and you access your files easily from bitcasa drive. If you want files to be located on your PC, then you copy the backed up files from bitcasa drive to your PC.

http://blog.bitcasa.com/tag/restore/

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Okay!

#1. Went you scan with your antivirus? Is the scan twice as long Bitcasa?
For example, when I scan my PC it can 30 to 40 mins! Did your scan time grow longer?

# 2. Light on the PC system and/or Heavy? Meaning kind of a slow down using the PC?

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
Okay!

#1. Went you scan with your antivirus? Is the scan twice as long Bitcasa?
For example, when I scan my PC it can 30 to 40 mins! Did your scan time grow longer?

# 2. Light on the PC system and/or Heavy? Meaning kind of a slow down using the PC?
1. I did not notice any scan speed change

2. It was light on my system

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Thank you for your insight! Crash Plan extended my antivirus scan by 20 min's and sometimes more!
Uninstall after 3 weeks!:( This is the reason why, I am asking questions about Bitcasa!

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
Some were sceptical of their Privacy Policy.
http://malwaretips.com/threads/bitcasa-infinite-storage-10gb-free.13680/

@Malware Security Would you recommend Bitcasa or MEGA?
In bitcasa, it says "Unlike many storage solutions, the Bitcasa Platform keeps your digital belongings safe and secure by encrypting all your files before they’re uploaded -- you, and only you, have access to your stuff. Not even Bitcasa employees can see your files!"

which is great to me!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.