Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I used Ubuntu 6.06, then never again.

A picture from their website,

ubuntuforyou-main.png

:lol: I don't think so..

D

Deleted member 178

just download the LIve CD iso and put it on SARDU. may be useful to retrieve files when windows is out.

swftech

Jun 20, 2011
I have been a Linux user for 10 yrs, and have tried many distros and that is what I like about Linux...Freedom. If you use Windows your stuck with one basic OS. With Linux having so many different flavors that is what is awesome about it. After years of testing many versions I have found my favorites to be Ubuntu, Linux Mint, PCLinuxOS and Fedora. All are very awesome, stable and even user friendly for Windows users. I currently dual boot Win 7 and Ubuntu 11.04. And will be upgrading to 11.10 when the final is released in Oct. If you don't like Unity (which I have come to like) you can install a different desktop environment. LXDE, XFCE, Enlightenment etc. I have been surprised that more users here don't use Linux since this is a security forum. Yes, if Linux were more popular it would become a target for Malware, but unless you sign in with root priveledged enabled, Malware can't get far. EVERYTHING that can make changes to sys files has to require root password before running.

swftech

Jun 20, 2011
There are only 2 reasons I even use Windows at all. 1. I am a PC Tech so I have to continue to be familiar with all aspects of Windows. 2. ConvertXtoDVD. Nothing on Linux is as good as ConvertX. Devede, WinFF and Arista Transcoder are all good, but none of them convert files to DVD format as fast and error free as ConvertXtoDVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.