[Quick Review] Reboot Restore Rx

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Reboot Restore RX

Advanced Technology designed for small public access computing environments.

It’s a challenge to maintain public access PC's - at hotels, internet cafes, and libraries - where users are not always careful and usage is high. Reboot Restore Rx simplifies the management of PC's in shared computing environments...
Reboot Restore Rx is a non-restrictive hard drive restore product designed for public access PC management. The PC users feel as though they have complete control over the PC. But regardless of what they do, including erasing files, installing software or even hacking the system registry, Reboot Restore Rx will automatically restore the PC to a predefined baseline -- every time the workstation is restarted, or turned on. Making the workstations perfectly configured and available for the next user.

Homepage

Reboot Restore RX ( aka RR RX) is a simpler version of Rollback RX, it allows you to create only one snapshot of your current system, then you can discard/keep all changes via a reboot.

in situation:

1- you install RR RX, it reboot your system then create an initial snapshot called the "baseline",

2- the Tray icon is turned on by default, the baseline will re restored (so everything you do from now will be discarded) at the next reboot

3- You turn off the tray icon and make some changes, then you turn it on again; from now all the changes you have made will be kept and the next reboot will "update" the baseline with your changes.

Thanks for this short reading :D

cptredsox

Level 1
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
nice ;) thanks for the review.

so with the free version there is no way to test software that needs a reboot cause the changes are either saved or discarded. there is no way to save a baseline, install software, restart, play around with it for a while and then go back to the baseline with the old config

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Yes, once you turn on the tray icon, you update the baseline. If you want do what you said , you must buy the other versions like Rollback RX ^^

cptredsox

Level 1
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
Ok ;) so are there any cheaper alternatives ? :) dont get me wrong, Iam willing to pay for software, but for my kind of usage (mostly trying softs once in a while not on a regular basis,sometimes "just for fun") its a bit expensive.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
You have a free clone of Rollback RX made by Comodo but very buggy in some systems, where some other users never had issues; it is called Comodo Time Machine.

I used a Korean-only software called Diskshot , it mixed shadow Defender and RX: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=333366

Reactions: frogboy

Kevins

Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I just downloaded and tested it, seems to be working pretty well so far.

Kevins

Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Just wanted to update everyone on my thoughts on Reboot restore RX works great on windows 7, doesnt work with windows 8 64bit yet.

Kevins

Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Just wanted to update the Reboot Restore RX users that the new version 10.2 is out supporting windows 8 and 8.1 along with GPT PARTITION and the UEFI bios. Also introducing the new feature allowing only the computer administrator to enable and disable protection making it the ultimate alternative to windows steady state

Justice McCarthy

Nov 20, 2014
Hello, I need help with Reboot Restore RX, I cloned a PC with the software with the tray icon on. Going onto the PC that had the clone image there was a error with the software. Am i able to cloned reboot restore onto another PC or not?

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
nice ;) thanks for the review.

so with the free version there is no way to test software that needs a reboot cause the changes are either saved or discarded. there is no way to save a baseline, install software, restart, play around with it for a while and then go back to the baseline with the old config
Try toolwiz time freeze, it also works great but booting time will increase significantly.

Zendaz

Mar 5, 2016
I like your site you all seem very knowledgeable and also a Great sense of humor. The Windows 10 upgrade thrashed my computer. A virus or two or three crept in. I was following well planned steps to rid the viruses by using AWD Cleaner to remove Dash lane Explorer- corrupted in the installment of 10. Uninstalled , then spyware to remove another virus. - the spyware downloaded the program "Should I Block it?" and Geek Remote access box with some cartoon character staring at me. The program "Should I Block it?" WOULD not uninstall. Read your reviews carefully but they still sneack in programs. Making a night out of this. so I looked down your list...Years ago I Paid for the Premium Avast for android and PC. Then paid for "Dock YOGI" remote access. I wouldn't pay them any more and they purposely overwrote Windows Program ..blah blah. I've been computer cursed since. by the way they are owned by Google and so is Netgear. I take notes obsessively. all the phone number and codes were the same. 3 different companies over 4 years. Now I can figure most of this out over the next few years. I want to spend my time developing a moving object on the computer instead. Which Malware and spyware and necessities do I need? Please. I can reprogram the computer with specific tools I may need for my venture. It is of the utmost importance to clean up the computer first. Feels crowded in here. I prefer Windows 10 but I feel that it included too many programs. There were many quirks after the upgrade. Many people complained about the error codes also.
So genius computer people you have had good advice all day. Which Free malware should I use. Oh yes I bought Bitdefender Total 2016 last month before the upgrade and Bitdefender malfunctioned. Just giving you a little of my personal observations. NIce Novel
Zendaz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.