App Review QuickHeal Total Security 2023

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the QuickHeal 2023 test!

QuickHeal is an Indian antivirus editor, competitor of K7 Antivirus. It is unknown to the general public.
The editor offers several improvements in this version including an AI on the detection of unknown behavior.

The interface is still beautiful and very complete. QuickHeal can be easily adapted for any use: novice because it is well configured by default, and for experts because it can be further enhanced! For this test, it will stay in default.

On the Web test, QuickHeal achieves a very good score. Bug rather disturbing because from time to time, QuickHeal blocks late the Web site but the download was still done and without detection! Strange, but it is clearly a coding bug.

On the package, QuickHeal seems to improve on the detection of unknown malware as it prevents several actions including Powershell scripts, but it is still insufficient. The machine is relatively infected and a Rootkit blocks the use of KVRT! (Rootkit detected by Kaspersky TDSSKiller)

QuickHeal is improving but still needs to make some efforts. Currently, it is still not recommended.

RAM Usage : Light
Malware URL test : 9/10 (1 malware missed)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 31 files out of 219.
An improvement on the detection of unknown malware has been noted but is still insufficient.
Even if QuickHeal intercepts several malware and attacks that I launched, the machine is quickly infected and a Rootkit is present and prevents KVRT from launching.
An advanced disinfection is necessary.

Resistance to script attacks: Average

Result :
QuickHeal : 0
NPE : 16 (2 files detected is a false positive from VyprVPN)
KVRT : Killed by Rootkit
TDSSKiller : Rootkit detected

Recommand : No
System Clean : System infected

@Der.Reisende request

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022

QuickHeal is an Indian antivirus editor, competitor of K7 Antivirus. It is unknown to the general public.
The editor offers several improvements in this version including an AI on the detection of unknown behavior.

The interface is still beautiful and very complete. QuickHeal can be easily adapted for any use: novice because it is well configured by default, and for experts because it can be further enhanced! For this test, it will stay in default.

On the Web test, QuickHeal achieves a very good score. Bug rather disturbing because from time to time, QuickHeal blocks late the Web site but the download was still done and without detection! Strange, but it is clearly a coding bug.

On the package, QuickHeal seems to improve on the detection of unknown malware as it prevents several actions including Powershell scripts, but it is still insufficient. The machine is relatively infected and a Rootkit blocks the use of KVRT! (Rootkit detected by Kaspersky TDSSKiller)

QuickHeal is improving but still needs to make some efforts. Currently, it is still not recommended.

An improvement on the detection of unknown malware has been noted but is still insufficient.
Even if QuickHeal intercepts several malware and attacks that I launched, the machine is quickly infected and a Rootkit is present and prevents KVRT from launching.

Result :

@Der.Reisende request

@Shadowra Thanks for your test. Don't forget to make a comparison between latest EIS & KIS which I requested earlier, Please🙏

Last edited:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Looked in the past for discount deal on Quick Heal never found one,had good reviews then but now after your test ( not recommended) there are only 6 programs I even consider Windows, Kaspersky, Norton,F-secure ,Bitdefender and Gdata

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Looked in the past for discount deal on Quick Heal never found one,had good reviews then but now after your test ( not recommended) there are only 6 programs I even consider Windows, Kaspersky, Norton,F-secure ,Bitdefender and Gdata
AFAIK you can get cheap keys on Amazon.in, but I doubt they will work outside India.
For European customers, the price is indeed very steep, much to steep for what you get (1y /1 seat).
As stated below, as you said, you're better off with something else.

Result :

@Der.Reisende request

Wow, thank you so much for testing @Shadowra!
It's really worrysome QuickHeal let trough a Rootkit o_O

Configuring QuickHeal to maximum settings should improve the detection noticable, there will be a lot more warnings than in default settings most likely.
AdvanceDNAScan Behavior detection level: High
Anti-Keylogger turned on
Firewall Advanced Settings: Firewall level: Strict
I remember @cruelsister was positively surprised by QuickHeal about 5 years ago, that's when I came across it, never heard of before.
However, it seems that QuickHeal cannot catch up with the everevolving blackhat industry.
I did some private testing just before requesting a vid review by @Shadowra, just to see if the marketing by QuickHeal (GoDeep.AI - AI Enabled Deep Predictive Malware Hunting Technology is really the gamechanger one would expect - in short: I did not see a single "AI" detection in context scan, not more detections than with version 19, there have been strange-sounding detections which could be those from the AI). I have used version 18 and 19 extensively after purchase as main AV, which wasn't equipped with an AI component AFAIK, it was introduced in the last year(s) and exclusive to the corporate counterpart Sequrite. You can also find a review here: User Feedback - Quick Heal Antivirus Pro v18.00 - A review by Der.Reisende
It did not get a clean sheet always, but I have the feeling it had better results in the past.
The biggest downside is the very weak signature detection, which does not get better by only a few daily updates, and the very very slow processing of sample submissions (takes days), also QuickHeal tends to be very very late on VirusTotal - for .exe files, which are detected as quickest. Don't even ask about scriptor malware.
Which brings me to my second complaint. I had multiple script malwares being blocked partly, however, the AutoRuns remained, so that the attack can start again after reboot. Which is, in combination with my third and biggest complaint - really an issue, as the built-in Firewall (which comes with all versions - from the cheapest Antivirus Pro to Total Security) autoallows at least Windows services - like wscript.exe. You need to manually blacklist them! Also, there is no option to (dis)allow once, if you change your mind, you need to update the blacklist.
Summing up, QuickHeal is better against .exe malware as against scriptor malware, both in signature detection (scriptors are almost never detected before submission) and in Behaviour detection.
What surely has improved over time, is the AntiRansomware module, though it still cannot block Netwalker (PowerShell Ransomware, working over explorer.exe), and most likely also the current Magniber .msi ones.

My 2 cents: Don't waste your money on that product anymore folks.

P.S. I agree on the web protection, it's one of the stronger parts, at least at malicious URLs, not so on Phishing URLs to my experience, although Internet Security and above have an extra setting for it.
P.S.S. Don't even waste your time on the built-in cleaning tool, apart from some traces by an #Adwind RAT infection, it came up with a false negative (clean) sheet, better use HitmanPro or Norton PowerEraser.

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
quick heal security does a pretty decent job while protecting the computer ...it is a professional antivirus
If you say so…
Even K7 does a way better job, though it has Firewall weaknesses.
Anyway, I‘d prefer one of the well-known AVs (ESET, Kaspersky, Norton, Bitdefender, Vipre, F-Secure,…)

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
quick heal security does a pretty decent job while protecting the computer ...it is a professional antivirus

Hello and welcome!

Yes QuickHeal is a professional antivirus, it is a company.
We just have to distinguish several things:

In an antivirus, you have several layers: Database, Cloud, AI Machine Learning and others. QuickHeal has them, we pass.
Then comes the reactivity of the software: The reaction time to detect and block a malware. And here, QuickHeal is very long.
I regularly compare samples with all antivirus and QuickHeal is very late and does not block families of malware.
Worse still, if you take a known malware and modify it (Offusquation or encryption) => It doesn't see anything!
Some like Kaspersky and ESET decompile the code and will detect known parts of the malware, that's what I like :)

When I test an antivirus, I always put myself in the place of a novice, clicking everywhere and downloading anything and everything. I also push the antivirus with the malware pack, and a new one will arrive soon :)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate, I'll answer them with pleasure ! ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.