Quihu 360 Total Security Essentials Ads.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
marg...hello yes I noticed that recently. Did you try the setting in 360 for blocking the ads? I am running in a user account right now and 360 doesn't show the settings. I think the ad setting is in the main settings area, but you have to be in an admin account to change 360 settings. This might be a new thing with 360 I don't know. I always used an admin account until about a week ago.

I am using NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro to block the process, called PromoUtil.exe. If nothing else, NVT ERP is good to have to block processes. If you want to try it, just ask if you have questions.

I also blocked the internet connection in Comodo Firewall, so I don't know which is actually blocking the ads, but one of them did stop them and the normal ads in the main GUI at the bottom.

Zar_

Level 1
Verified
Dec 13, 2016
Is anyone else getting an ad during the scan.? I never got an ad before using the 360 Essential version. Thanks.! Marg
Me too. A few days ago an ad appears during the scan and I have not found a way to remove it from the options...

Reactions: AtlBo

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
I use 360TS. Recently I noticed ads after Full scan in GUI as well. They didn't trouble me nevertheless I blocked internet access for this "promoutil.exe" and they disappeared. Thanks for the hint.

Reactions: Overlord

ricliz23

Level 1
Verified
Feb 18, 2017
Hi, I was going to try and block it with the info from Smith83, but it looked like a bit of trouble, so I just ignore the ad. I tried to delete promoutil.exe but then 360 says the files are damaged and wants to repair it so it can reinstall the .exe. So it is easier to just ignore. :)

Reactions: Solarlynx
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.