qwer0's config

qwer0

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 29, 2011
Hi, this is more or less my config - because of security reasons I'd like not to share more details :D
I sue Norton Internet Security, ESET and Kaspersky Internet Security. Depends on which machine. Nothing all, just my brain as main security unit
Rgds.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonibalas

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello, well its better to show your full configuration to make sure what feedbacks we need to provide for your improvememts. :)

I think you use on demand scanners, extensions and backup too.

Other software well just mentioned few that are primarily you execute everyday,

;) Cheers.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
qwer0, I respect your wish not to divulge your entire setup (at this time) for personal security reasons. I also agree with jamescv7, that by sharing more, we would have more to discuss.
I do recommend using secondary scanners as they do not interfere with your antivirus or firewall, and they are light and free methods of keeping your system malware free. I use:
  1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/ (This is a gem!)
  2. HitmanPro http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro (I've recently activated their 30 day trial);)
An Anti-Exploit (aka zero day threat) protection that is also free:
To activate protected mode in IE:
  1. Under tools (the sprocket wheel) choose Internet options
  2. From the tabs above, choose >> Security
  3. Below Security Level for this zone, check the box "Enable Protected Mode"
Check out an excellent free privacy software, CCleaner. It clears away temporary files safely, and clears cookies.
If you'd prefer their portable version extracted onto an external USB flash drive, scroll to the bottom of the download page & choose the Builds link.
PS Thanks for posting your configuration. Don't you love @Fedora 's cats?:p I think they're cousins to my own!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It would be nice if you could share a bit more information about your setup.There is no security/privacy worry in that.Thanks for sharing your config :)

Note: The object of this forum is to provide your fellow members with some insight into your PC setup since obviously that is what this site is about. It is not a resume nor should it be a quick type as fast as you can so you can join an MT giveaway.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.