Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
A new remote access trojan (RAT) called QwixxRAT is being advertised for sale by its threat actor through Telegram and Discord platforms.

"Once installed on the victim's Windows platform machines, the RAT stealthily collects sensitive data, which is then sent to the attacker's Telegram bot, providing them with unauthorized access to the victim's sensitive information," Uptycs said in a new report published today.

The cybersecurity company, which discovered the malware earlier this month, said it's "meticulously designed" to harvest web browser histories, bookmarks, cookies, credit card information, keystrokes, screenshots, files matching certain extensions, and data from apps like Steam and Telegram.

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Seeing more and more malware going after my precious cookies and other sensitive info then what software should I use or what rules should I set to protect myself? Assuming I get infected? So assume a zero day nabs me then what layers does anyone recommend in order to minimize/mitigate the compromise?

We are an ESET household.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
Seeing more and more malware going after my precious cookies and other sensitive info then what software should I use or what rules should I set to protect myself? Assuming I get infected? So assume a zero day nabs me then what layers does anyone recommend in order to minimize/mitigate the compromise?

We are an ESET household.
I recommend using Kaspersky paid with application control, you can lock down your browsers where no malware can access them, therefore they cant grab your passwords.
Kaspersky also has better detections that ESET and I've never seen it miss a stealer in recent times, even ones bypassing every single other AV.

Reactions: cartaphilus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.